Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 10:30 AM

772 posts, read 913,920 times

Advertisements

What's it like living there ? I am buying a house there

Can you really ride ATV's on the city streets ? sounds too good to be true

How is the snowmobiling ?

Anything else I should know ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 12:30 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
What's it like living there ? I am buying a house there

Can you really ride ATV's on the city streets ? sounds too good to be true

How is the snowmobiling ?

Anything else I should know ?
My wife grew up in East Bethel (in the 1980s) and her parents/my in-laws still live there. It's weird. Not urban at all, but not rural either. Kind of an odd sort of in-the-country suburbia-type landscape. Big lots. Some trees.

Oh... and if you need a little worship after a long day of working the lasso, this is nearby...

Home | The Open Range Cowboy Church

Old 05-26-2017, 06:08 AM

772 posts, read 913,920 times
anyone else ? any good hole in the wall restaurants there ?

Old 05-30-2017, 10:46 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,700,465 times
My coworkers that live in ham lake all call it "east METHel". Not sure how true that is, that's all I have to add to the convo, lol

Old 05-30-2017, 11:21 AM

101 posts, read 142,844 times
East Bethel is a nice quiet area. Rural 1 acre or more sized lots. It is not on the same crust as similar areas like Lake Elmo, Victoria or Medina, but its a nice quiet area that is affordable.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:47 PM

695 posts, read 714,531 times
East Bethel is mostly rural. You've got a movie theater, Dairy Queen, and Subway in what would be considered "downtown" along Highway 65. There are a few bars, mom & pop gas stations, and home based businesses scattered about. It has a small golf course, and a couple of big parks. Most of the action is located in the town of Forest Lake, which is 15 miles away. 15 Miles to the North is the town of Cambridge, which has less action, but about the same amount of retail outlets. IMO there are NO good quality dining establishments in East Bethel. Hidden Haven would be the best, which is mediocre. The closest restaurant with good food is located in Wyoming (12 miles away). It's called the Cornerstone. Wyoming also has a Village Inn (think Baker's Square) Restaurant. After that you'll need to go to Forest Lake or North Branch for a really good restaurant. Forest Lake has two: Norman Quacks, (Barbarque Ribs) and Don Julio's (Authentic Mexican). Don Julio's also has a restaurant up in North Branch. For all your gardening needs you've got the Green Barn up in Isanti. There's a nice beach for swimming 5 miles away in the town of Linwood. I don't recommend any of the auto repair shops nearby, but Isanti has a Ford Dealership, while Forest Lake has CHEVY/GMC and Chrysler/Jeep. Most of East Bethel is wooded and we get lots of mosquitoes and wood ticks. Driving into the Twin Cities core takes about 35 to 40 minutes for either Minneapolis or St. Paul. The nearest hospital is in Wyoming, Fairview Lakes Regional Medical Center. The Fire Department is poor in my estimation and all volunteer. The Anoka County Sheriff patrol the area and do a pretty good job. The school system is financially mismanaged and a recent Bond Referendum was voted down so don't expect improvements anytime soon. As for riding ATV's it is legal to ride in the ditch along all the roadways. It is NOT legal to drive them on the streets, but there's a whole lot of ditch! Same deal for snowmobiles (if we get enough snow). I think that should about cover it for ya.

Last edited by Doctor Z; 06-01-2017 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Forgot to answer the ATV question.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:27 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Good luck in East Bethel. Too late to help you change your mind I would imagine.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:19 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
I was through Coon Lake Beach the other day, which is either East Bethel or Wyoming depending on who you ask & it was awesome. Just a crossroads really, with a townie bar/off sale liquor & a mom 'n' pop gas station/bait shop. It felt like I was up North at a friend's cabin, but was only 5 minutes from Highway 35 & 40 minutes from the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul