Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 08:45 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,192,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyechick View Post
Because the cops are not White and the victims are White. Cops fire into vehicles with unarmed Black occupants more often and they rarely to never get convicted. Happened in Cleveland, NY, etc. Also it happened in Louisiana.
I agree, it looks bad. Not sure how I want this to play out, to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 08:51 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyechick View Post
Because the cops are not White and the victims are White. Cops fire into vehicles with unarmed Black occupants more often and they rarely to never get convicted. Happened in Cleveland, NY, etc. Also it happened in Louisiana.
Sorry, I didn't realize you needed an example of a white cop convicted of killing a black man. Here you go. Ex-Oklahoma deputy Robert Bates guilty of killing unarmed suspect - CNN.com

Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 PM

70 posts, read 101,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Insulting the victim is in very poor taste IMO, whether it be rudely by minndavid with the word dumb in all caps or more tactfully by you. It works differently in her native Australia where people routinely walk up to police day and night for assistance. She had already called a second time. Believe she had only lived in Minneapolis for two years. Never thought I would be forced to defend an unarmed victim of gun violence that died so young on this thread.

Let's focus more on blaming the shooter that endangered his partner with a reckless shot and now is a coward that refuses to make a statement. Please don't anyone lecture me or anyone else about his rights (as we already know them anyways) when she suddenly lost EVERY one of her rights at age 40.

Agree to disagree.

Yes, agree to disagree with your hatred of cops and your absurd arguments. I agree to disagree.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Why is it asinine to share a good recent memory of her doing something positive when she was alive?

Anyone that thinks people seriously concerned about this shooting and critical of Noor are "anti-cop" is clearly wrong. Nothing could be more "pro-cop" than making sure Noor is no longer a police officer. Did you not read or hear former police chief Harteau's recent statement? The department rejects his actions as wrong and the two officers should have had the cameras on. I will be surprised if new police chief Arredondo does not agree.

I think the statements of the "anti-crime victim" faction are more offensive. Once again, she lost EVERY one of her rights at age 40.

Agree to disagree.

Why do you hate cops so much?

Old 07-22-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
She was thinking that she needed to help someone. Someone she didnt even know. This woman wasent a victim. She was a genuine hero. Not the made up type that we see in the headlines these days. She reacted when she thought someone was in trouble at peril to her own life then was killed by people like yourself who are afraid and paranoid and unwilling to take even the slightest risk.
The most horrifying thing of this entire thread is that there are others who think like you who believe that being Timid, Afraid and Paranoid is the right thing to do.

Well, those people are still alive. She was an idiot to go outside.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Again everyone, I think doing a Monday morning quarterback and negative nitpicking of the victim/hero is in poor taste. You have the right to do so, but you do not have the right to expect everyone else to agree! We ought to be far more critical of the trained officer, Mohamed Noor IMO.

That's not Monday Morning Quarterbacking. That's having a brain larger than the size of a pea. You think a sexual assault is being committed in your alley? Yes, call the police. But don't go outside in your pajamas at 11:40 p.m., walk 1/2 a block down the street, turn into the alley and then approach the cop car. It's a tragedy she is dead and Noor is at fault, but she contributed to her own demise.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:40 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minndavid60 View Post
Well, those people are still alive. She was an idiot to go outside.
First you call her dumb; now you call her an idiot. Then a brain the size of a pea. Your empathy is overwhelming.

Last edited by chessgeek; 07-22-2017 at 10:51 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 10:42 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minndavid60 View Post
Why do you hate cops so much?
I don't. The reckless officers like Noor that should not be cops should be held accountable. Have said in a past post that a good officer that has served 10 years with a solid record deserves a bonus raise IMO. Can probably find it for you.

After the stream of insults you directed toward a dead 40 year old woman, I find it ironic and ultra-hypocritical that you can credibly accuse anyone of hate! Thought I had seen it all on city data!

Why do you hate a good, law abiding woman that died young? I think that is a fair question as you accused me of hate first.

Last edited by chessgeek; 07-22-2017 at 11:38 PM..

Old 07-23-2017, 05:55 AM

162 posts, read 155,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Well said; I agree with all of this post. In addition to America, I am becoming more ashamed of Minnesota's violent reputation, also. That's something I never thought I'd find myself saying.
I agree with this statement. I'm not sure if the rest of the country has such an issue or not because you hear about this kind of stuff more when you're a resident, but shamefully, Minnesota really has a problem with officers shooting innocent civilians. It hurts to admit, because this place is great. But there's also this issue...

It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of this incident is.. Given the acquittal earlier this month after that previous officer induced murder and subsequent protests, and the nature of this murder, I don't believe there can be any plausibly "good" outcome.

Either there will be anger that once again an officer who killed an innocent person won't be convicted for it, or there will be anger because a black cop killed a white woman and was charged, but white cops killing black men were never convicted for it... Our best outcome is perhaps that officers stop shooting innocent civilians?

Anyways, what neighborhood did this shooting occur in? I could never find that detail...

Last edited by FloatOn; 07-23-2017 at 06:11 AM..

Old 07-23-2017, 06:09 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatOn View Post
I agree with this statement. I'm not sure if the rest of the country has such an issue or not because you hear about this kind of stuff more when you're a resident, but shamefully, Minnesota really has a problem with officers shooting innocent civilians. It hurts to admit, because this place is great. But there's also this issue...

It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of this incident is.. Given the acquittal earlier this month after that previous officer induced murder and subsequent protests, and the nature of this murder, I don't believe there can be any plausibly "good" outcome. Our best outcome is perhaps that officers stop shooting innocent civilians?

Anyways, what neighborhood did this shooting occur in? I could never find that detail...
It occurred in the Fulton neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul