Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 07:45 PM

70 posts, read 101,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post

Those who cry racism the loudest usually have the dirtiest, most racist closets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 09:57 AM

178 posts, read 346,668 times
New on the forum - the white power folks of Minneapolis excited by the myth of "reverse racism." What a waste.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:06 AM

70 posts, read 101,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considering View Post
New on the forum - the white power folks of Minneapolis excited by the myth of "reverse racism." What a waste.

Perfect example of my above comment.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:33 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Last Friday August 11, there was a memorial at lake Harriet bandshell for Justine Damond. All public were invited.

News bias?
News fueling and directing your feelings?

I can't find one article on the 4 major news websites about it. Maybe I missed it?

Comparing the last two controversial shootings, Castille has alot of news coverage and a separate page kept up for a long time.
Damond......nothing.

Why? Cause Damonds family and friends are going about this peacefully.
Castilles family and friends ran in the streets blocking them and hurling objects at police officers, destroying property and costing the tax payers money.

It seems the news and some of the general public like the latter way of doing things.

Whet there is smoke there I fire. Comparing the two cases and people, where's the smoke?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:41 AM

871 posts, read 1,087,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Last Friday August 11, there was a memorial at lake Harriet bandshell for Justine Damond. All public were invited.

News bias?
News fueling and directing your feelings?

I can't find one article on the 4 major news websites about it. Maybe I missed it?
Yes, you missed it, but being wrong's never stopped you before.

'Justine should not have died,' father tells crowd at memorial - StarTribune.com

Justine Damond was "ripped from our arms," father says at rally - CBS News

Hundreds honor Justine Damond at memorial - Story | KMSP

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-memorial.html

Old 08-14-2017, 07:52 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times

Just stop your Holyer than though crap and show. You are rude

I said, "maybe I missed it."
Maybe you could be as mature in letting me know ???

I looked on all the websites this morning and did not see anything.
I have noticed viewing websites via smart phone vs computer not all shows.

There is a difference of coverage though, and working up people.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:36 AM

871 posts, read 1,087,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
There is a difference of coverage though, and working up people.

Nope.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:36 AM

38 posts, read 41,144 times
Amazing here, how both side of the argument aren't willing to talk about the problems in our society constructively and honestly no matter how painful it may be. And instead retreat into empty racist stereotypes. Below is an interesting British take on our problems. Sometimes people divorced of emotion can evaluate the problem better. I've look at their news web site and they appear to be objective. Curious to know what others think about the article. I watched a video yesterday of a 65 year old lady who happened to be black ripped from her car for refusing to sign a ticket for making a horse and buggy turn. Although she should have just signed the ticket, which is required by GA law. Signing, simply proves to the authorities that you were there when you got it, being ripped from the car was absolutely ridiculous and in my opinion would never of happened had she been white. On the other side of the argument we spending an absorbent amount of time on police brutality, which is good, but we aren't also spending the same amount of time talking about why in predominantly african american communities crime is off the charts high. To me it boils down to this......We all have the same brains and morale values imprinted upon us at birth doesn't matter your color - but the past of slavery and jim crow and modern day bias has grossly affected the african american communities across our nation. We need to work together to solve our societal problems and it shouldn't be an us vs them mentality. I think we desperately need early childhood education (paid for by the government) to help.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...s-commit-crime

Last edited by FultonResident; 05-12-2018 at 09:09 AM..

Old 05-12-2018, 05:03 PM

5,947 posts, read 2,869,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonResident View Post
Amazing here, how both side of the argument aren't willing to talk about the problems in our society constructively and honestly no matter how painful it may be. And instead retreat into empty racist stereotypes. Below is an interesting British take on our problems. Sometimes people divorced of emotion can evaluate the problem better. I've look at their news web site and they appear to be objective. Curious to know what others think about the article. I watched a video yesterday of a 65 year old lady who happened to be black ripped from her car for refusing to sign a ticket for making a horse and buggy turn. Although she should have just signed the ticket, which is required by GA law. Signing, simply proves to the authorities that you were there when you got it, being ripped from the car was absolutely ridiculous and in my opinion would never of happened had she been white. On the other side of the argument we spending an absorbent amount of time on police brutality, which is good, but we aren't also spending the same amount of time talking about why in predominantly african american communities crime is off the charts high. To me it boils down to this......We all have the same brains and morale values imprinted upon us at birth doesn't matter your color - but the past of slavery and jim crow and modern day bias has grossly affected the african american communities across our nation. We need to work together to solve our societal problems and it shouldn't be an us vs them mentality. I think we desperately need early childhood education (paid for by the government) to help.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...s-commit-crime
Yes, I believe we should have our morals in early childhood taught and paid for by the government.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:08 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,481,900 times
Let's face it.

If 'Justine', who ran up to a squad car and slapped or impacted the side of it, thereby prompting a trigger-happy Muslim to blow her away, had been...

*Named 'Tyrone' or 'Shaniqua', and...

*Officer Friendly hadn't been 'Mohamed Noor' but something like 'Conor O'Flanagan'...

...then the usual reactionaries who never fail to defend someone in uniform who kills a citizen would be screaming things like:

"Why did that thug rush the car?"
"Did you know he smoked pot once eight year ago?"
"His Facebook postings are pretty suspicious!"
"That thug got what he deserved!"

They can abide the boot of the uniformed state on the neck of the people almost every time. Except when the book is on a Muslim and the neck is of a fetching white woman.

Then, suddenly, it's over the line. Then they give a rat's ass about justice. (I'd called them Social Justice Warriors, but that would probably push them over the edge...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul