Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2018, 09:16 PM

15 posts, read 16,609 times

Advertisements

After months of looking, we are looking at putting in an offer in saint Michael. The schools is one of the deciding factor for our young family. Can people tell me what kind of commute I’ll be looking at 4:30 out of arden Hills? Or going to arden Hills by 7? What about the city itself? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 06:14 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,700,465 times
My former boss lived in St. Michael (commuted to downtown), and he would always complain of the commute. It got to the point that he started taking the bus because he couldn't take it any more. He would drive to Maple Grove to pick up the bus.

Here's your problem: the summer. I94 is used by summertime cabin goers, so thursday and friday afternoons are going to be a slog. I'm guessing on an average day you're looking at 40 mins in the morning, and 45 - 60 mins in the evening? Just a guess.

As for the town itself, it's quite a bit removed from the metro, which may be fine if you're looking for that. Most people know it as the town next to the town with the outlet mall, lol. Once again, just my opinion but the NW metro beyond Maple Grove always had more of a townie feel to me?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:50 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
The commute time to Arden Hills is 45 minutes right now at 7:45 am according to Apple Maps. Both 94 and 694 are fairly congested sections of highway that are often under construction because they are so heavily traveled. I would suspect that the evening commute time is similar.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:15 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,189,705 times
I can attest to summer traffic going west on 94. When I have left around 3:30 to go up north it has occasionally(typically on holiday weekends) taken a hour to get from Brooklyn Park to St. Micheal on Thursdays and Fridays. There are no back road secret routes to make your commute less. If you commute outside of typical rush hour(s) it won't be as bad. But plan ahead with travel time during the summer. I've heard good things about St Michael schools so I understand the choice to live there. FYI, living on the north east side going north on 35Eor 35W the traffic is really bad all year so if you are going to live outside of metro, like a lot of people, is ok, no different than a lot of other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul