Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,483 times

Advertisements

need a very kind person with a love for animals to help me out. First, I want to let you know that I am not asking for anyone to pay for my dog to be treated, I am not asking anyone to work for free. Next, I will tell you about my baby. I rescued my baby a little over 6 months ago from a horrible home where he was among many puppies whose mother refused to feed them, they were infested with worms, fleas and ticks and had various medical problems (my own having a minor heart murmur). We have nursed him back to health and he is now a very loving, loyal and important member of our family (our first pet other than some goldfish). About a month ago he developed infected hair folicle mites (which are common with his breed, we found out) and paid well over $300 with medication. We scraped by and came up with the money to help our new best friend. He now (only a few weeks later) has a large sore between two of his toes on his paw which I believe to be an abscess. There is not a single veterinary clinic or hospital in Minnesota that will take payments to treat my baby and I am unable to get approved for CareCredit (yes, I have tried to all those who think I am looking for free help, which I am not). Is there anyone who has a CareCredit card that would be willing to help us out and use it. We will make all the payments that are charged to your account, we just cannot afford an entire bill right now and the vets say it needs to be treated immediatly. This sore stops my dog from eating and causes severe deppression and needs immediate antibiotics to keep the infection from spreading. I am pleading with kind hearts and to anyone who knows a vet that would be willing to work out payments for us. Again, I am not asking for anyone to pay for my dog to be treated, I am not asking anyone to work for free. I just need someone to help us be able to make payments on what is sure to be a large bill. We love our baby boy and his medical issues are draining us. I am a nanny and don't even have a way to pick up extra hours like a normal job. If you can help, please respond. Our family does not want to loose our first pet. He is a wonderful dog yet if we had to give him up due to the medical bills, he would most likely be put down as he is 1/2 pit bull and 1/2 Mastiff and pitbulls are considered a violent breed (which is nonsense because our dog is the most calm and loving dog I have ever met in my life and has never so much as growled at someone). Please open your hearts and help a pup that needs rescuing for the 2nd time. Thank you for your time, patience and kindness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul