Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 02:51 PM

871 posts, read 1,088,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
It doesn't bother me at all. It was the fact that the poster thought the area was diverse due to seeing black lives matter signs. But that's not true. White neighborhoods here have BLM SIGNS as well.
That's how I took daboywonder's post as well.

Frankly, unless you live in Phillips or a couple neighborhoods in north Minneapolis, you don't live in a diverse neighborhood. The entire upper midwest has some of the most segregated cities in the country (Milwaukee is known to be the most segregated by many measures). Regardless of what people may think of the Mpls 2040 plan, I see it as a good faith effort by even predominately white Minneapolitans to address segregation rather than go with the status quo seen around the rest of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 03:05 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Just a reminder: Denial is the most pleasant form of racism.
It's usually NeoLiberals, who've adopted the George W Bush "You're either with us, or against us" mind set. They're not sophisticated enough to realize there are nuances and that you can disagree on one issue, but still not be with "the other side".

I support ending elective foreign wars, marijuana legalization, abortion, ending corporate lobbying, term limits, lowering taxes on the working/middle classes, ending bad trade deals and bringing manufacturing back to the US. Every one of these things was considered 'liberal' 2-3 years ago.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It's usually NeoLiberals, who've adopted the George W Bush "You're either with us, or against us" mind set. They're not sophisticated enough to realize there are nuances and that you can disagree on one issue, but still not be with "the other side".

I support ending elective foreign wars, marijuana legalization, abortion, ending corporate lobbying, term limits, lowering taxes on the working/middle classes, ending bad trade deals and bringing manufacturing back to the US. Every one of these things was considered 'liberal' 2-3 years ago.
Regarding your stance on corporate lobbying - so does that mean you support house bill HR1?

Assuming you are pro-choice (Not sure what you mean by ‘abortion’) I agree with most of your positions, with the exception of the protectionism. I support globalization, free trade agreements and moving toward achieving efficiencies in global markets.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 01-03-2019 at 06:50 PM..

Old 01-04-2019, 12:56 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
have long subscribed to the teachings of Marx and rest assured, that whatever it is, I'm against it!

Spoiler

Old 01-04-2019, 10:43 PM

512 posts, read 474,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
It doesn't bother me at all. It was the fact that the poster thought the area was diverse due to seeing black lives matter signs. But that's not true. White neighborhoods here have BLM SIGNS as well.
Ah, gotcha.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:46 PM

512 posts, read 474,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post

Race doesn't always have to be the liberal vs. conservative issue you're making it out to be.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Race doesn't always have to be the liberal vs. conservative issue you're making it out to be.
It doesn't have to be essentially but it is in practice.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:26 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
It doesn't have to be essentially but it is in practice.

You can make change by law but you can't create harmony and good will any other way than interpersonally.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
You can make change by law but you can't create harmony and good will any other way than interpersonally.
That's a nice aphorism that has nothing to do with what I posted.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:04 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
That's a nice aphorism that has nothing to do with what I posted.
Of course it does. You're way too smart to act so dense.

To discount Innovative American's and my post because you choose to see life through a dual filter doesn't make either of us wrong. Not everyone out here lives by party dictates.

You might benefit by a more accepting world view. Welcoming diversity and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul