Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 10:19 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times

Advertisements

I think they make a move for next season within the next year. We gotta make a run at it next season. 'Stros are too good this year, and the Evil Empire are no joke either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 02:43 PM

We just shut out Cleveland with a bunch of scrubs pitching in first of double-header today.

Bad news: Dyson can't throw without pain. Did they send him here knowing his arm was damaged.

Clevinger tonight.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:59 PM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We just shut out Cleveland with a bunch of scrubs pitching in first of double-header today.

Bad news: Dyson can't throw without pain. Did they send him here knowing his arm was damaged.

Clevinger tonight.
Got to give Rocco credit for this one. Don't you love it when a plan comes together (George Peppard on the A-Team).

Old 09-14-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Got to give Rocco credit for this one. Don't you love it when a plan comes together (George Peppard on the A-Team).
Did they know inclement weather was coming in last night?

If so the decision to start Odorizzi was a poor one.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Did they know inclement weather was coming in last night?

If so the decision to start Odorizzi was a poor one.
They probably assumed that it wasn't going to be as bad as it was. They probably depend too much on the ability of the field to drain.

I was there for the Joe Nathan H.O.F. induction ceremony. It rained right up to and even after the ceremony. When they dumped the infield cover there was a huge puddle of water all around the shallow outfield. The water disappeared as if there was a giant sponge under it. Then the game got underway.

What a clutch home run by Sano' last night.

Twinkies now have a 5 1/2 game lead. If they win today, even playing .500 ball from then on to end of the season most likely will get them the division title.

Anything can still happen, but I'm sure they're breathing a little easier.

Come on Berrios', just one more outing like your last one.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:38 AM

Strange start for Thorpe last night. Made a mess of things then K'd 3 straight to get out of first. He was looking like he redeemed himself until the tw-run HR making it 5-2. Honestly was surprised we got the next 7 runs.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:50 AM

Well it's starting to look likely we will make the post season. Our starting picthing is so bad the talk around is that we will do a two-starter (Berrios, Odorizzi) rotation mixed with bullpen.

This game has changed so much since I was a kid regarding pitchers/pitching that I guess nothing would really surprise me come post season.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Well it's starting to look likely we will make the post season. Our starting picthing is so bad the talk around is that we will do a two-starter (Berrios, Odorizzi) rotation mixed with bullpen.

This game has changed so much since I was a kid regarding pitchers/pitching that I guess nothing would really surprise me come post season.
Right now for the first playoff series, the 2 starter plan probably makes sense. We've got a bullpen that's overall pitching well and not having a pitcher face a batter more than once looks good. Poor Gibson hasn't pitched well since he pitched against the Royals when I was there a month ago. He normally doesn't show his emotions, but you could see it in his eyes that he was flustered when he walked in those 2 runs. Confidence is half the battle to be a good pitcher and for now his is very low.

In the playoffs, maybe the manager could HAVE Gibson start a game 3 as if he WAS a reliever and at the very first sign of trouble, already have someone warming up in the bullpen. A very short leash.

Old 09-21-2019, 06:23 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Heroic efforts by the bullpen in taking up slack for underperforming starters of late, but that likely isn't going to hold water come playoff time. Pitching and defense are about to come center stage and the Twins are probably the least capable team on both fronts in correlation with the postseason bracket. Never wished I were wrong more.....Win Twins!

Old 09-21-2019, 08:56 AM

Remember a few years ago when Bumgarner played like three games in the 7-game world Series?

Unfortunately we don't have a Bumgarner.

I've been saying this for a while...this isn't the season we make a run...next season is the one where we put a legit all-in effort to get our next Championship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul