Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 PM

85 posts, read 216,506 times

Advertisements

I don't live in Roseville but I live quite near it, and come through there often for shopping. There are several nice lakes and parks in Roseville, and it is situated just to the north of Como Park with the conservatory and zoo which are wonderful free attractions. In addition, it is extremely well situated with easy access via 36 to 35E/35W to both downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis, respectively, in 10-15 minutes maximum. The traffic is not nearly as bad as in southwest Minneapolis/Edina/etc. and it is more centrally located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 10:24 PM

164 posts, read 601,407 times
Roseville is a middle class suburb, and I would consider it to be a first ring suburb. The nice thing about Roseville, although it doesn't have a real downtown, you can get to either downtown Minneapolis or Saint Paul in a matter of minutes. Access to the U of MN is also very quick for a commuter. There are plenty of places to shop, but the Har Mar Mall is dying a slow death. They have put in a grocery store to try to get some life back in the place. On the other hand, Rosedale Mall is going gangbusters. There aren't really any unique places in town, just a smattering of about every kind of chain you can think of. It's a nice community to grow a family in, with decent schools, and pretty good neighborhoods.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
I happen to like Roseville, but it does blend with it's suburban neighbors a lot. Good thing that the Roseville street signs (at least for the major streets) have a rose on them and the Falcon Heights street signs have a white falcon silhouette on them!
I am new here for discussing about the street signs of Roseville.
Sorry, excuse me for that. I am deaf. And, I have fair percentage of
English grammar up to 75%. Back to the topic,
before 1995, when I were kid, I saw too bunch signs of Roseville
when I was in second-third grade.
They had a white background with black letters without a rose each
old signs.
I am wondering for the years that Roseville had those old signs
before they installed in 1995 that those had without street numbers
with N or W, until 1995 street signs are now with rose on the
green background also it have address numbers with direction for example: that place has two way: Dale St/Roselawn Ave-- Dale St with 1920N and
Roselawn Av with 920W versus white background with black letters according street views on google maps if they have blue outline then click it and see these signs on this picture.
I bet they had without address numbers and with N W is:
(pre 1995 white sign D A L E St.) that they don't have
a rose on them were yet.
Previously, I said about it has bit separately as it had letters
with space on old street signs without a rose on it. Maybe, I am
wrong? Just I asking about it to anyone who you remember about that. Because I was in the hometown of North St. Paul since I grew up until they has began set on their street signs with snowman with new additions: address numbers since 1996. Now White Bear Lake has began doing
their work using with address number! Good job to White Bear Lake for installing a better new sign, also
they have ultra-reflective signs for the night, also they have least
7 inches with white bear logo are in them! Kudos to WBL!

But, North St. Paul doesn't have a ultra-reflective are yet.
I know about the federal laws will be requiring any cities should have all the new signs to be replaced by 2012.

Last edited by vikingscool; 07-30-2008 at 12:18 AM..

Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
Roseville looks and feels a lot like the neighborhood that I grew up in back in California, so to me the area has a homely feel to it; one of maybe two suburbs that I wouldn't mind moving to.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 AM

250 posts, read 991,915 times
I was born in Como Park and raised in Falcon Heights and attended school in Roseville. There is a definite difference between Falcon Heights and Roseville in property value, housing styles and income level. Roseville is a big suburb and has many different parts to it. Some areas are better than others but the former is the majority. I always felt safe and comfortable in the area. I also attended Roseville schools and had a great High School Education. Not sure what the ISD is like now, but when I went, we had an incredible music and arts program. Also, Falcon Heights and Roseville are near Como Park and the wonderful attractions there (although the zoo growing up was totally gross - I know it's improved - never been a big fan of zoos anyhow). Lots of beautiful parks, lakes, neighborhoods and people.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prple View Post
Is Roseville considered a first ring suburb?
Would you classify it as an upper-middle, middle, or lower-middle class area?
Roseville is definitely middle-class. Being a first ring suburb, there's some "old money" in them there ramblers. Overall, it's probably a nice place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul