Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM

512 posts, read 474,128 times

Advertisements

The GOP has been alienating suburban voters across all metros for decades now. Trump has merely accelerated this trend. MSP suburbs have been trending Democrat for a long time now. Edina used to be conservative......not anymore. It's starting to vote like Southwest Minneapolis. Carver County no longer votes 60%+ GOP. Being that MN suburbanites decide elections in the state, this doesn't bold well for the MN GOP. Most of the suburbs are gone for them, even if another Red Wave hits in the future.

Source: https://www.sos.state.mn.us/media/36...y-precinct.pdf

Old 08-25-2019, 06:38 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Minnesota would fit right in with the bible belt. Don't be fooled by the posters here. They are "liberal" because they vote blue. And maybe their tolerance of the LGBT community. Other than that, they are just as if not more conservative than people who vote red.
Yes. It’s all a “let’s be nice and make everyone feel good” sort of mindset. I mean MN just okayed alcohol sales on Sundays- what century are we in again? Legalizing weed- maybe, just maybe we will see that in 2050 and beyond. But as long as the “we love everyone” sign or whatever that rainbow colored sign reads- than by golly they are for sure liberals. I’ve lived in Seattle (for only a year thankfully) and Minnesota looks like Texas compared to there so yes I’d agree it’s more moderate as a whole.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:00 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times
Just what we need, another political thread......because this obviously hasn't been discussed enough.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:20 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Just what we need, another political thread......because this obviously hasn't been discussed enough.
Agreed. Probably should only be ankle deep in the political pool here. Want to dive in head first? There's a Political category in the General Forums.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:28 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
OP felt like he needed a thread where he could bash conservatives. It’s obviously not a serious question.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
OP felt like he needed a thread where he could bash conservatives. It’s obviously not a serious question.
Sad that people are so consumed with this stuff. Missing out on a beautiful life in a beautiful place, man....

Old 08-26-2019, 10:00 AM

512 posts, read 474,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Based on the Islamophobic crap and the mini-white supremacist rants the Cons have posted on this board (including that disgusting message about Somalis sent to Cruz Azul Guy - see the "How Liberal is Minneapolis" thread), I really don't give rat's patootie if this thread was created with the intent of bashing conservatives. They deserve it!

Old 08-26-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Based on the Islamophobic crap and the mini-white supremacist rants the Cons have posted on this board (including that disgusting message about Somalis sent to Cruz Azul Guy - see the "How Liberal is Minneapolis" thread), I really don't give rat's patootie if this thread was created with the intent of bashing conservatives. They deserve it!
Don't know anything about any of that, but your stance is beyond sad, regardless. If there was hatred doled out more hatred isn't going to make it any better. Be the better person and try to enjoy life minus this garbage before you wake up one day and realize you've wasted it. The real release you seek should be at the polls, not in here.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:37 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Google Most Conservative Cities in the U.S. some time and see where Minneapolis is on that list. Way, way down at the bottom with San Francisco. Mesa, AZ at the top, along with Colorado Springs, Oklahoma City. Jesse Ventura was made Governor here, does that tell you something? And the Somali congresswoman and Al Franken?

I just moved from conservative, hypocritical Las Vegas (see where it sits on the list and have a good laugh!) to Tucson, the Blue Island of the Southwest. Ah! After 21 years of liberalism in Minneapolis, I feel like I've gone home again! Love their eclectic priorities here! Side streets unpaved for decades, yet they'd rather spend money on murals and art work and a little used light rail line. Love it, love it!

Old 08-26-2019, 10:51 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
This whole idea that you shouldn't be able to talk about politics and race in the state forums is juvenile and ridiculous. I guess it gives the Gestapo something to do. The lifeblood of this country is politics and race (also religion). If I'm thinking about moving somewhere, I want to know what I'm getting into. Politically correct bs is the reason I made a huge mistake moving to Minnesota. I took that "liberal" crap for face value. Certain people are going to be hard-pressed to get the benefit of the doubt from me moving forward and I am not at all sorry about it. I can thank Minnesota for that. The truth hurts so much people would rather live in illusion. Fantasy is for children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul