Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 10:30 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Now the NFL wants to move the Chargers to London. Roger Goodell is a moron. Like any NFL player is gonna want to play for a team based thousands of miles away in freggin' England.

I'm sick of these California teams moving every other year. If the team can't find a support base then do us all a favor and CONTRACT it. There are too many teams as it is. Either build the Chargers a new stadium in San Diego and send them back there or close the book on them altogether. No one wants to see an NFL team in filthy, crime ridden Mexico or soccer dominated Europe so GIVE IT UP, GOODELL.
I think the Chargers will have a new LA stadium next year. They won’t move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 12:02 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I think the Chargers will have a new LA stadium next year. They won’t move.
They’re supposed to share the LA stadium with the Rams, but the league is worried they won’t be able to bring in their share of fan interest and revenue.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:14 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
San Diego fan base is missing from all of their home games. We just saw it over the weekend when it looked like Lambeau II. Same thing a month ago when the Steelers played them there on a Sunday Night, it sounded like a home game for Pittsburgh.

Plenty of bodies for a fan base exists there - even to share a stadium. But since the Chargers can't bring it there in CA, why not relocate them. NFL would welcome new revenue.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:43 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Now the NFL wants to move the Chargers to London. Roger Goodell is a moron. Like any NFL player is gonna want to play for a team based thousands of miles away in freggin' England.

I'm sick of these California teams moving every other year. If the team can't find a support base then do us all a favor and CONTRACT it. There are too many teams as it is. Either build the Chargers a new stadium in San Diego and send them back there or close the book on them altogether. No one wants to see an NFL team in filthy, crime ridden Mexico or soccer dominated Europe so GIVE IT UP, GOODELL.
You do know Goodell doesn’t operate on his own? He expresses what majority ownership wants. People who think he owns his own business and can say any ideas without speaking to his owners...

It’s becoming pretty obvious that London will be included into league any day now, they seem to play a weekly game there. Toronto would be another, but it’ll take fans away from Buffalo and they don’t want that. They’d rather find new fans then get people to change.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:38 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,709,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
San Diego fan base is missing from all of their home games. We just saw it over the weekend when it looked like Lambeau II. Same thing a month ago when the Steelers played them there on a Sunday Night, it sounded like a home game for Pittsburgh.

Plenty of bodies for a fan base exists there - even to share a stadium. But since the Chargers can't bring it there in CA, why not relocate them. NFL would welcome new revenue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
You do know Goodell doesn’t operate on his own? He expresses what majority ownership wants. People who think he owns his own business and can say any ideas without speaking to his owners...

It’s becoming pretty obvious that London will be included into league any day now, they seem to play a weekly game there. Toronto would be another, but it’ll take fans away from Buffalo and they don’t want that. They’d rather find new fans then get people to change.
Relocating the Chargers from San Diego to LA in 2017 was clearly a mistake. LA had a hard time supporting one NFL team and the Chargers aren’t worth following. Plenty of NFL bigwigs denying the rumors of the Chargers moving to London but these folks don’t like to admit mistakes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...aced-response/

Old 11-06-2019, 12:26 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Relocating the Chargers from San Diego to LA in 2017 was clearly a mistake. LA had a hard time supporting one NFL team and the Chargers aren’t worth following. Plenty of NFL bigwigs denying the rumors of the Chargers moving to London but these folks don’t like to admit mistakes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...aced-response/
No clue if they’ll move, but it’s become a captain obvious that they make way less money in LA with zero support. The owner is about making money and tell his fans they are leaving would hurt his bottom line in the right now and until they leave. It’s like restaurants where owner knows it’s closing in one week. You inform your staff and they all quit today.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:07 PM

Had to bump this thread because tonight on the way into work Barreiro was ranting on KFAN about the aforementioned Packers Preview show being axed this morning, calling the Vikings fans a "mob" (among other things) for complaining about a Packers show being on a Minneapolis radio station. I thought he was the one being an arrogant tool about it......this is MINNESOTA, not Wisconsin! So, Dan, does that mean we should have Badgers talk shows on our stations, too? Should they have Ohio State shows on Ann Arbor radio? How about Red Sox shows on the New York dials?

As stated previously, I get sick of seeing so much Packers garb in Vikings territory.....and apparently I'm not alone. Barreiro also implied the show not airing had something to do with Zimmer giving a flimsy post game handshake to Lafleur after the embarrassing Monday night loss. Whatever....at this point I'm ready for both Packer Preview and Zimmer to be gone.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Had to bump this thread because tonight on the way into work Barreiro was ranting on KFAN about the aforementioned Packers Preview show being axed this morning, calling the Vikings fans a "mob" (among other things) for complaining about a Packers show being on a Minneapolis radio station. I thought he was the one being an arrogant tool about it......this is MINNESOTA, not Wisconsin! So, Dan, does that mean we should have Badgers talk shows on our stations, too? Should they have Ohio State shows on Ann Arbor radio? How about Red Sox shows on the New York dials?

As stated previously, I get sick of seeing so much Packers garb in Vikings territory.....and apparently I'm not alone. Barreiro also implied the show not airing had something to do with Zimmer giving a flimsy post game handshake to Lafleur after the embarrassing Monday night loss. Whatever....at this point I'm ready for both Packer Preview and Zimmer to be gone.
The show is off for one week only because the host, Dave Sinykin, is traveling overseas for the holidays. Barreiro and Sinykin have some kind of schtick going about the show being “cancelled” for the week because of Zimmer. It’s their idea of comedy.

The Packer Preview will be back next week on KFAN, and will continue through the end of their season.

I know you are relatively new here but the Packers have a longer history in Minnesota than the Vikings and have been way more successful. Live and let live.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
The show is off for one week only because the host, Dave Sinykin, is traveling overseas for the holidays. Barreiro and Sinykin have some kind of schtick going about the show being “cancelled” for the week because of Zimmer. It’s their idea of comedy.

The Packer Preview will be back next week on KFAN, and will continue through the end of their season.

I know you are relatively new here but the Packers have a longer history in Minnesota than the Vikings and have been way more successful. Live and let live.
Aww man. I fell for it.

Killjoy.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Aww man. I fell for it.

Killjoy.
Yeah, well in your defense Barreiro isn’t very funny.

Last edited by Glenfield; 12-31-2019 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul