Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 08:47 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
So you’re saying that we should think of them kinda like an infestation of some kind?
Pretty much. Break out the cheesehead repellent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2020, 05:36 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Pretty much. Break out the cheesehead repellent.
I just don't know what that would be.
Does Dan Barreiro still do his Dairy-land diaries bit at KFAN?

Maybe we can get some ideas there.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:55 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,070,413 times
Quote:
I just don't know what that would be.
Does Dan Barreiro still do his Dairy-land diaries bit at KFAN?

Maybe we can get some ideas there.
Is Barreiro still on the air? Egads, that was tired years ago. Next you'll tell me Barnard is still around.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:38 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,891,242 times
Quote:
So you’re saying that we should think of them kinda like an infestation of some kind?

Agreed
No, irritating are Minnesota fans, who make it a highlight of their last ten years, when they broke Rodger's collarbone, and then bragged they did well that year. It's always so interesting to read Viking fan comments when they win a game...you would think they're better than any other team out there. I've copied and pasted comments, and sent them on to different sites, and people got a real sense of who the Viking fans really are. Lots of comments on my "pasted" comments. Way over the top, I must say, are Viking fans. Problem is, the Vikings will never have the appeal that the Packers do, on a broader scale. Too much history at Lambeau they can never hope to achieve. I've lived in different states, and trust me, no one talks about the Vikings, unless one is in Minnesota.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:03 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
No, irritating are Minnesota fans, who make it a highlight of their last ten years, when they broke Rodger's collarbone, and then bragged they did well that year. It's always so interesting to read Viking fan comments when they win a game...you would think they're better than any other team out there. I've copied and pasted comments, and sent them on to different sites, and people got a real sense of who the Viking fans really are. Lots of comments on my "pasted" comments. Way over the top, I must say, are Viking fans. Problem is, the Vikings will never have the appeal that the Packers do, on a broader scale. Too much history at Lambeau they can never hope to achieve. I've lived in different states, and trust me, no one talks about the Vikings, unless one is in Minnesota.
Shoo, shoo, back to WI with you.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Shoo, shoo, back to WI with you.
I speak the truth, though. Lived in Chicago, lived in Milwaukee. We had a choice to live in the Twin Cities, but chose not to. It's not for everyone. Too isolated, for some of us.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:25 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
I am not a big NFL fan but I do root for the Vikings. Given how successful the Packers have been in comparison to the Vikings, these complaints by the Vikings fans do come off as sour grapes.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:04 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
HA HA, Packers choked.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
HA HA, Packers choked.
Oh, but wait, didn't they beat the Vikings twice this season? The amount of times they played the Vikings??
Anyway, they went farther than the Vikings, beat them twice....not sure what you're laughing about.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:57 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Quote:
I've lived in different states, and trust me, no one talks about the Vikings, unless one is in Minnesota.
Total lie. My friends and family in Texas, California, Michigan, Georgia and Pennsylvania are always talking Vikings because the Vikings are usually a good team that's in the thick of the playoff hunt. They're more than relevant on the national stage.

Quote:
We had a choice to live in the Twin Cities, but chose not to. It's not for everyone. Too isolated, for some of us.
You'd have to take a grammar test to live here. Based on what I'm seeing it looks like things worked out for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul