Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 06:39 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
I sat next to some Charger fans in Green Bay within the last few years, and I have to say, they were awed to be at Lambeau Field....they didn't care much about the game, they just wanted to see a game at Lambeau. I bet you don't get too much of that in Minneapolis. They asked us to take pictures of them, so they could show their friends back in California, that they had been at Lambeau.

I went to a Viking game years ago in Minneapolis...we were with another couple, their two children, and our two children. The Viking fans behind us waited to let us go ahead of them as we were leaving our seats and the game was over, but then, they cut in front of our children (who were young at the time), and said they had let us go, but that was it. SO, in downtown Minneapolis, they tried to cut us off from our young children. They said they could just get out on their own, and we could wait for them somewhere where they could see us. Needless to say, that left quite an impression.
I would never take a child to a Vikings game. Too much boozing and general bad behavior for my tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 07:43 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I would never take a child to a Vikings game. Too much boozing and general bad behavior for my tastes.

that pretty much eliminates taking them anywhere on the East side of the river

Old 11-04-2019, 08:49 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
I went to a Viking game years ago in Minneapolis...we were with another couple, their two children, and our two children. The Viking fans behind us waited to let us go ahead of them as we were leaving our seats and the game was over, but then, they cut in front of our children (who were young at the time), and said they had let us go, but that was it. SO, in downtown Minneapolis, they tried to cut us off from our young children. They said they could just get out on their own, and we could wait for them somewhere where they could see us. Needless to say, that left quite an impression.
This sounds completely fabricated, but let's say it wasn't just for the sake of argument. Maybe you need some parenting lessons. I would never let go of my kids hand or not be carrying them in a crowd that size. But you want to label a whole fan base because you don't know how to handle your business in a 65,000 seat stadium........and I'm sure nothing like that has ever happened inside the pearly gates of Lambeau, right?

Go sit beneath your Aaron Rodgers tapestry and finish your cheese.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:45 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,077 times
i remember when we had season tickets, and this was during the time when TV constantly had decibel meters to show the volume of the metro-dome. I would see plenty of kids, infants to toddlers at the game with no hearing protection at all.
I really questioned those parenting choices.

Old 11-04-2019, 08:33 PM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
This sounds completely fabricated, but let's say it wasn't just for the sake of argument. Maybe you need some parenting lessons. I would never let go of my kids hand or not be carrying them in a crowd that size. But you want to label a whole fan base because you don't know how to handle your business in a 65,000 seat stadium........and I'm sure nothing like that has ever happened inside the pearly gates of Lambeau, right?

Go sit beneath your Aaron Rodgers tapestry and finish your cheese.
Amen.

Old 11-04-2019, 08:36 PM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Anyone watching the Chargers game? The place is lousy with cheeseheads.
Next time the Vikings play the Cardinals at Arizona, you'll notice that half the stands look purple.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Next time the Vikings play the Cardinals at Arizona, you'll notice that half the stands look purple.
Did you see the KC game Sunday? Half of THAT stadium was purple! It was awesome....too bad the Vikes soiled the sheets in a big road game again. Doubly frustrating with everyone else in the division losing as well.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:11 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I wish I could. Living on the west coast I mostly get to see 49ers, Oakland, and the Rams and Chargers. Sometimes Seattle. I only get to see the vikes on national games or if they play one of the teams I mentioned.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:50 AM

540 posts, read 1,096,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Anyone watching the Chargers game? The place is lousy with cheeseheads.
That's the case at any Chargers game. At least half of the crowd will be fans of the away team. No one in LA cares about the Chargers, so there are always a lot of tickets available and flights to LAX are generally pretty cheap as well.

Old 11-05-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
That's the case at any Chargers game. At least half of the crowd will be fans of the away team. No one in LA cares about the Chargers, so there are always a lot of tickets available and flights to LAX are generally pretty cheap as well.
Now the NFL wants to move the Chargers to London. Roger Goodell is a moron. Like any NFL player is gonna want to play for a team based thousands of miles away in freggin' England.

I'm sick of these California teams moving every other year. If the team can't find a support base then do us all a favor and CONTRACT it. There are too many teams as it is. Either build the Chargers a new stadium in San Diego and send them back there or close the book on them altogether. No one wants to see an NFL team in filthy, crime ridden Mexico or soccer dominated Europe so GIVE IT UP, GOODELL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul