Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 10:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
MLB's explanation for the balls flying last year was that new manufacturing technology enabled the core of the ball to be perfectly centered in the sphere, whereas that was not possible previously......the assertion being that the more centered the core the farther the ball will travel. Many pitchers also reported the seams on the balls were altered last year and then of course the previous version of the balls magically reappeared in postseason.

Did you mean you would get rid of Sano and Rosario or switch their places in the batting order? I'm not a big fan of either of those guys and think one or both of them could be among the players traded at the deadline for some front line starting pitching. Most Twins fans seem to love Sano in particular but he still strikes out way too much and is a defensive liability no matter where he plays in the field.....very one dimensional player. One of the biggest hang ups to the Twins situation right now is the presence of what essentially amounts to 2 DH's (Sano and Cruz) in the starting lineup every day. If Sano is still here when Cruz does retire he will undoubtably become the full time DH and either one of the young up and comers like Kiriloff will take over at 1B or they will move Donaldson to the other corner as he gets up there in age.
Just talking about that batting order above - I would put Sano more around the 5-spot.

I was listening to some show recently and they said we should leave our outfield alone (Kepler, Buxton and Rosario) but I do think we're going to be moving someone for arms at some point. We have some good prospects. Will be interesting to see who we move, and when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
It'll be an interesting year. We SHOULD win the Central. JD was a nice addition for not a lot of money (in baseball terms) for what he is: a good hitter and great fielder. We are paying really for the next 2 years. Anything beyond that is hoping he's serviceable.

I think a lot of the Twins hitters are going to regress some. I don't see Garver having the type of season he had last year and Cruz probably hits 25-30 dongs. Still good though. We are short arms. Hopefully, if we are kicking butt, we finally make a pitching move or 2 at the deadline. I won't hold my breath, but it could happen.

My prediction: Win the Central with 93 wins. We win a first round of Playoffs.
I think Garver is actually going to do as good or better. Just a gut feeling. Still not sure how much they're going to play him. Jeffers is right behind him in the pipeline. I think the team should have some success (at least post season bound) for the next few years. I hope so at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2020, 10:03 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Just talking about that batting order above - I would put Sano more around the 5-spot.

I was listening to some show recently and they said we should leave our outfield alone (Kepler, Buxton and Rosario) but I do think we're going to be moving someone for arms at some point. We have some good prospects. Will be interesting to see who we move, and when.

I think Garver is actually going to do as good or better. Just a gut feeling. Still not sure how much they're going to play him. Jeffers is right behind him in the pipeline. I think the team should have some success (at least post season bound) for the next few years. I hope so at least.
Buxton drives me nuts. Talented guy but so fragile. If he doesn't play at least 140 games or so this year they should dump him. Given his injury history I don't see him doing it. Every time he gets it going he comes down with something that keeps him out of the lineup for extended periods. You can't have that.

Tall order for Garver to reproduce his 2019 offensive numbers. Really hoping he stays healthy because Castro is gone and Avila is a total ham & egger with another extensive injury history. I don't know their timetable for bringing up the kid you mentioned.

If trades are made that outfield will most likely be broken up. I don't expect them to run away with the division this year. They caught everyone off guard in 2019 but everyone will be gunning for them this season. It'll be a fight.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post

Tall order for Garver to reproduce his 2019 offensive numbers. Really hoping he stays healthy because Castro is gone and Avila is a total ham & egger with another extensive injury history. I don't know their timetable for bringing up the kid you mentioned.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/0...of-the-future/

Old 02-17-2020, 06:18 AM

32 posts, read 42,226 times
Seeing these guys training in FL right now is making me feel two things:
1) Twins Baseball at lovely Target Field is getting closer.
2) I wish I could spend Feb and March in Florida as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul