Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 09:25 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,709,541 times

Advertisements

I know this may come as a shock to her constituents, but it seems that Ilhan Omar May have crossed yet another ethical line. Next week, Omar’s new autobiography is being released. Both Omar and her publisher have refused to answer questions about the size and date of the payment of an advance on royalties, thought tone $100,000 to $200,000. House rules prohibit "the receipt of any advance payment on copyright royalties" unless the contract has been approved by the House Ethics Committee which she apparently didn’t ask for. No one knows if she will disclose the payment on her 2019 financial disclosure forms because she has requested a filing extension to, conveniently, just past the August primary election.

Meanwhile, the local media lapdogs rush to cover the stories of her deceit and dishonesty— with a pillow hoping to smother them.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/who...of-ilhan-omar/

Old 05-23-2020, 05:00 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I know this may come as a shock to her constituents, but it seems that Ilhan Omar May have crossed yet another ethical line. Next week, Omar’s new autobiography is being released. Both Omar and her publisher have refused to answer questions about the size and date of the payment of an advance on royalties, thought tone $100,000 to $200,000. House rules prohibit "the receipt of any advance payment on copyright royalties" unless the contract has been approved by the House Ethics Committee which she apparently didn’t ask for. No one knows if she will disclose the payment on her 2019 financial disclosure forms because she has requested a filing extension to, conveniently, just past the August primary election.

Meanwhile, the local media lapdogs rush to cover the stories of her deceit and dishonesty— with a pillow hoping to smother them.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/who...of-ilhan-omar/
"Omar may have received the royalty payment before she was sworn in on Jan. 3, 2019, but her 2018 financial disclosure listed no book advance. We would like to see her 2019 disclosure, but Omar has filed for a 90-day extension.

Ninety days takes Omar just past the contested Democratic-Farmer-Labor primary that she faces back home in Minnesota this August—by two days, to be exact. "

The ongoing evidence of corruption, and the outright arrogance she displays regarding her corruption is really starting to reflect badly on Minnesota and the 5th district. Will they give Omar a flush in 2020, or will her progressive intersectionality shield continue to protect her?

Stay tuned.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:50 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
"Omar may have received the royalty payment before she was sworn in on Jan. 3, 2019, but her 2018 financial disclosure listed no book advance. We would like to see her 2019 disclosure, but Omar has filed for a 90-day extension.

Ninety days takes Omar just past the contested Democratic-Farmer-Labor primary that she faces back home in Minnesota this August—by two days, to be exact. "

The ongoing evidence of corruption, and the outright arrogance she displays regarding her corruption is really starting to reflect badly on Minnesota and the 5th district. Will they give Omar a flush in 2020, or will her progressive intersectionality shield continue to protect her?

Stay tuned.
Most of her constituents are from Somalia. This is mild compared to Somalia's corruption.

I value Omar as a major expert in economics and public health. Then again I am a liberal Democrat.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Most of her constituents are from Somalia. This is mild compared to Somalia's corruption.

I value Omar as a major expert in economics and public health. Then again I am a liberal Democrat.
This is a common misperception. While the Somali community is large, they do not comprise a majority of her supporters. Most of her supporters are white liberals. The fact that this district is a lock for the DFL, and that she secured the party endorsement with the support of Keith Ellison made her victory a certainty.

Her support in the Somali community is there but it’s weakened recently due to what many in that community perceive as her immoral behavior stemming from her multiple marriages and extramarital affairs.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:22 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

If you are a liberal from New York, you likely do not know the MSP area that well. Omar is a very left wing idiot, and it has been proven that economics based in reality is not her forte (I'm not sure where you get that idea from).

Look at the demographics of the 5th district.

Distribution
100[2]% urban
0% rural
Population (2018 est.) 718,802[3]
Median income $65,782[4]
Ethnicity
63[5]% white
17% black
6% Asian
9% Hispanic
1% Native American
4% other
Cook PVI D+26[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...ional_district

That is a lot of white liberals wringing their hands over their white guilt. (OhmyGerd! I voted for a person of color, and a muslim, all in one vote! I am so progressive and clearly cannot be a racist!)

Hence you end up with corrupt idiots like Omar and Ellison.

Minnesota 5th district really needs to flush Omar in 2020 for sure, but that Cook PVI of D+26 makes me think that identity politics will prevail over common sense once again.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:26 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
has nothing to do with guilt, we just like to **** off the rednecks

Old 05-23-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
has nothing to do with guilt, we just like to **** off the rednecks
I thought you lived in Chisago county. When did you move to the cities? Are you in Minneapolis or one of the suburbs now?

Old 05-23-2020, 10:28 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default Ilhan omar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I've heard that the Democrat Party has found a lot of people to vote Democrat in that district that have never voted this way before. All of them are planning on mailing in they're absentee ballots. This would be news to them if they weren't already dead.
Provide proof w/ a link from a web site or a news agency that does not speak w/ a forked tongue.

"I've heard..." simply does not cut it.

The military has had it's members vote via absentee ballots for ages & 5 states conduct all of their voting via the mail.

President trump last voted via absentee ballot.

And by the way, you're old enough to remember & know that it's not the "Democrat Party" but rather it's the Democratic Party.
A "Democrat" is a member of that party or one who normally votes for Democratic candidates.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:32 AM

Default Ilhan Omar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
This is a common misperception. While the Somali community is large, they do not comprise a majority of her supporters. Most of her supporters are white liberals. The fact that this district is a lock for the DFL, and that she secured the party endorsement with the support of Keith Ellison made her victory a certainty.

Her support in the Somali community is there but it’s weakened recently due to what many in that community perceive as her immoral behavior stemming from her multiple marriages and extramarital affairs.
You replied in earnest to a post that was from all appearances made as a snark comment.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:36 AM

Default Ilhan Omar

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
If you are a liberal from New York, you likely do not know the MSP area that well. Omar is a very left wing idiot, and it has been proven that economics based in reality is not her forte (I'm not sure where you get that idea from).

Look at the demographics of the 5th district.

Distribution
100[2]% urban
0% rural
Population (2018 est.) 718,802[3]
Median income $65,782[4]
Ethnicity
63[5]% white
17% black
6% Asian
9% Hispanic
1% Native American
4% other
Cook PVI D+26[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...ional_district

That is a lot of white liberals wringing their hands over their white guilt. (OhmyGerd! I voted for a person of color, and a muslim, all in one vote! I am so progressive and clearly cannot be a racist!)

Hence you end up with corrupt idiots like Omar and Ellison.

Minnesota 5th district really needs to flush Omar in 2020 for sure, but that Cook PVI of D+26 makes me think that identity politics will prevail over common sense once again.

I'm glad to know that you are an expert who knows so much about the mindset of "white liberals'"that you can post on a public forum about them.

If you are a trump supporter through and through, I suggest that you have little experience with "common sense" to use a term you included here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul