Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 11:49 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
You replied in earnest to a post that was from all appearances made as a snark comment.
I think you are wrong.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:59 AM

202 posts, read 429,230 times
im actually friends with real somali people and ilhan omar gives somali a bad name

leftwing democrats some feel pave the road to hell with good intentions. also there are people of corrupt character in many places of power in every industry on earth.

not sure if mentioned but apparently there was a tweet deleted by her about getting donations for a twincities food shelf, the foodshelf person responded to ilhan on twitter saying they had no affiliation and received no donations.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post
im actually friends with real somali people and ilhan omar gives somali a bad name

leftwing democrats some feel pave the road to hell with good intentions. also there are people of corrupt character in many places of power in every industry on earth.

not sure if mentioned but apparently there was a tweet deleted by her about getting donations for a twincities food shelf, the foodshelf person responded to ilhan on twitter saying they had no affiliation and received no donations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
This is a new low, even for Ilhan Omar. She attempted to raise money for her campaign on Twitter, claiming the donations were going to Minnesota Foodshare, which runs food shelves for the needy, but if you look at her Tweet, the “give” button is a link to ActBlue, a Democrat Party PAC. She pretending that this was part of the#GiveAtHomeMN charity drive that’s taking place now.

When the head of Minnesota Foodshare explained that Omar has nothing to do with them and they weren’t receiving the money, she deleted the Tweet.

My question is what kind of a person fraudulently STEALS money that people think is going to help those in need of food and uses it for their own political purposes?

When is she going to be investigated for campaign finance fraud? When are the local news organizations going to put their sympathies for the Democrats aside and do some real investigative reporting? (I’m looking at you, StarTribune.)

https://twitter.com/realdsteinberg/s...823328771?s=21

https://secure.actblue.com/
She’s shameless.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:37 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
I'm glad to know that you are an expert who knows so much about the mindset of "white liberals'"that you can post on a public forum about them.

If you are a trump supporter through and through, I suggest that you have little experience with "common sense" to use a term you included here.
I dont know.

I was born and raised in Minnesota, lived in the 5th district for years. I'm late 50's now, but I used to be a 5th district white liberal myself (not a progressive) when I was younger, back when Minnesota and the TC area was much more libertarian minded than they are now.

I still have white relatives that live in the area that have admitted to me their progressive voting patterns where due to racial issues. Some of my Minnesota African immigrant (Zambian) relatives scoff at my white relatives progressive stances, causing my progressive white relatives some cognitive distress. Sorry my PHD educator Cuz, cant help you out when a blue collar African relative gives you the common sense side-eye roll. You earned that sh*t.

So a majority white region overwhelmingly elects Ilhan Omar? White guilt seminars are taught at the U of M for gods sake. It's real. You should simply own it. Yes, common sense was thrown out the window in Minnesota a ways back. Progressive idiocracy filled the void.

Oh, and I didnt vote for Trump.

So there is all that I guess.

Last edited by snebarekim; 05-23-2020 at 01:08 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 12:41 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post

Yes. Per the bolded, just more corrupt nonsense.

If the 5th district doesnt flush that particular little fragrant turd blossom in 2020, we will all know they are lost.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:22 PM

35,032 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
If you are a liberal from New York, you likely do not know the MSP area that well. Omar is a very left wing idiot, and it has been proven that economics based in reality is not her forte (I'm not sure where you get that idea from).
No, I am not from Hennepin County Evidently you have not read Omar's thoughtful and deep treatises and books on economics, improvement of business cycle, commercial ethics and public health. Ilhan Omar read at virtually all major universities. Omar's works rank with John Locke, Mein Kampf, Adam Smith, Shakespeare, Pol Pot and Voltaire in their quality. No to mention the greatest, anonymously authored Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
No, I am not from Hennepin County Evidently you have not read Omar's thoughtful and deep treatises and books on economics, improvement of business cycle, commercial ethics and public health. Ilhan Omar read at virtually all major universities. Omar's works rank with John Locke, Mein Kampf, Adam Smith, Shakespeare, Pol Pot and Voltaire in their quality. No to mention the greatest, anonymously authored Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
When you’re right, you’re right.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:11 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,508 times
None of my business but it just further demonstrates the need to pass a basic civics and current events test before being given a ballot. I fully expect the brain wizards from her district to send her back to Washington for another term based on what she looks like.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
None of my business but it just further demonstrates the need to pass a basic civics and current events test before being given a ballot. I fully expect the brain wizards from her district to send her back to Washington for another term based on what she looks like.
We could weight people’s vote by their score on the test. Score 50% and your vote counts for half.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:18 PM

148 posts, read 121,957 times
What do you expect from mindless Minnesota?
This is the same state that elected a woman abusing congressmen as attorney general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul