Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 10:49 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Seems they did, but don't think they actually knew each other. Hard to say if there is anything at all there. Doubt it.

https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-f...-2020/5743990/
I'll be damned. Someone's going to write a book about this thing before long as the plot thickens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 10:51 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
What’s wrong with all the ignorant people in the city acting like that burning down things burning down new apartments burning down and police station they’re ignorant people that don’t have jobs.
As for the video it’s short where is the whole video this man is 6’6” and a convicted felon need to see the whole video I’m not excusing what the officer did. It looks like it might not be reasonable or necessary but that will be investigated but you still need to see the whole video and the whole report from beginning of encounter to end not just the man’s death.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:54 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I was just watching the local news here and they said over 170 businesses were either damaged, looted or burnt to the ground. I didn't believe it, so I looked into it and they do say over 170! Wow, it must really be crazy over there. I just never would think something could grow so out of control in a city like Minneapolis. I keep thinking I am safe in my city, but I am thinking not as safe as I once thought.

Here is an article. Over 170! That is nuts.

https://www.fox9.com/news/police-mor...d-during-riots
Peaceful Protests whisper, violence speaks very loudly!

Old 05-29-2020, 10:57 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Just finished watching a press conference with the mayor, a commissioner, the head of the Highway Patrol and some others. I didn't watch it to the end because it was such a joke.
I had to turn it off, too. Walz up there blithering about Castille, quoting Jesse Jackson of all people and begging CNN for forgiveness over the reporting crew being detained. Oh I’m so sorry CNN please forgive me and give us more fake news! Stroking these rioters like they’re a cuddly kitten or something. He and little league Jakie knew damn well like we all did that they were gonna go crazy the minute they saw the video and they chose to let them do it rather than being proactive about securing the streets. Puke worthy, every ounce of it. Never seen such frailty and all out weakness displayed by such high ranking officials in my life. Liberalism is the disease we need to really be dealing with, not Covid. This state is freekin doomed, man!

Old 05-29-2020, 10:58 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
What’s wrong with all the ignorant people in the city acting like that burning down things burning down new apartments burning down and police station they’re ignorant people that don’t have jobs.
As for the video it’s short where is the whole video this man is 6’6” and a convicted felon need to see the whole video I’m not excusing what the officer did. It looks like it might not be reasonable or necessary but that will be investigated but you still need to see the whole video and the whole report from beginning of encounter to end not just the man’s death.
OH behave it was a bullying act of murder .. are you blind..

Old 05-29-2020, 11:00 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Minneapolis is an ultra-liberal city. The mayor is a feckless idiot who doesn't want to crack down on the people burning and destroying their city because she fills it's their right to blow off steams.
Given all the protests that go on in France, I once read that the French Government views it as healthy for the masses to let off steam, occasionally, even if it impedes the economy.

Witness the Yellow Vests of France!

Old 05-29-2020, 11:06 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
No it's not. It's all about race. Every bit of it.

The "systemic" racism the Left is using this incident as has to do with alleged "white racism".

Let's not BS here.

The white cop with his knee on Floyd's neck plays right into the narrative.

The problem I see is though that the black cop on his chest probably crushes his lungs/heart. That doesn't at all play into the narrative.
That could be the argument for a percentage but regardless of which cop did what; the fact that a bound and non threatening man was pleading for them to get off is anger inducing. I didn't see a Black officer but they all should be locked up.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:06 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Peaceful Protests whisper, violence speaks very loudly!
The more violence the more police presence. Let out the anger and claim victory like a bunch of dopes. In the end, less shopping, less jobs, less of a neighborhood and more cops than ever because the community will demand order. Heck the military is on the way. Yahoo! Ah, to think there is some victory to looting and destruction. All it shows is the need for more policing.

And to think the entire world was on the side of Floyd for almost a day. The focus was on the real issue. Now the focus is on what? Not Floyd much. He was just a pawn in this power play. It is what it is.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:17 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
The agitators are advocating no due process, and saying the cop seen in video (not the black cop who crushed his chest) needs to be hung.

Because...to hell with due process, right..

Old 05-29-2020, 11:20 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
At least Metro Transit has been shut down. Less riif raff going about to and fro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul