Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 08:36 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,358,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The police have denied the identity of one man, but the other one is still unidentified.

link

Ordinarily, these kinds of police entrapment are done to get the protestors to commit the actual crime and round them up on charges. Here, you don't see that. The intent appears to be to force a stronger response from the police or national guard and broaden the protests. One sees this often in other countries where the US is trying to overthrow the government (against which Trump has actually made such threats). What's missing are the snipers.
This is all just dangerous speculation. Please wait until the facts are out on a still ongoing crisis.

Why would anyone decent want to become a police officer after all this, and face speculative judgment like this, in our current state of society?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 08:39 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Someone mentioned the possible correlation with Detroit. Don't blink, it could happen.
It is happening. Look up how Detroit got to be the way it is. The similarities will startle you.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:39 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times
Sometimes I wonder how police officers continue to act so irrationally when they know that someone is likely to videotape them and the media will get hold of it. Do their emotions really get them that quickly or are they simply not fit to do the job? Guilty or not guilty, the actions of this cop as all the other similar cases in recent years will cost the state, local and even federal governments a lot of money via civil lawsuits.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:44 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Sometimes I wonder how police officers continue to act so irrationally when they know that someone is likely to videotape them and the media will get hold of it. Do their emotions really get them that quickly or are they simply not fit to do the job? Guilty or not guilty, the actions of this cop as all the other similar cases in recent years will cost the state, local and even federal governments a lot of money via civil lawsuits.
I was just saying that this morning. Their lack of empathy towards a human being is shocking, and from what I understand there was at least one rookie officer on scene so they weren't all jaded from years on the job.

The latest report is Mr Floyd was struggling to breath while he was standing up. At that point why didn't they just sit him down in the back of the police car and call a paramedic. He was showing no threat from any of the video I've seen. He looked scared is all.

The anger this image of this jackhole kneeling on his head causes me is beyond words. And even worse is he's probably going to get off with a very light charge and lose his pension. That's about it.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I think the fact that Frey was elected mainly on the issue of reforming MPD with a new police chief, yet still the FG incident occurred, speaks to how complex this issue is - one that is shared by many similar cities across the nation.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
As far as the voter base, I think I disagree a little bit. This state is the only one in the Union that has a divided Senate/House - and it's just about evenly split right down the middle. How else could a guy like Trump, who spent little time here prior to election, almost beat out the democrat candidate? Granted it was Hillary, but still. If this state was as liberal as people thought it was, she would have crushed Trump.
Well that's what I was banking on, too.......and then *BOOM* straight blue in the last mid terms. That gave us the likes of Walz, Ellison and *gag* Omar......and lookie where we are now! Yee haw - way to go Minnesota!

Old 05-30-2020, 08:55 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greatcity View Post
Why is it assumed that the rioters are from another state? Most of them are local. There’s no reason for rioters to travel to the Twin Cities from Chicago, Minneapolis, St Louis, Detroit, wherever.. because ALL cities have protests of their own. Because similar killings have happened in many other cities.
The unrest is everywhere. People are angry and their anger is exploding.
There's certainly Antifa here - most of the Minneapolis proper are far-left liberals, far-left liberals love Antifa.

Quote:
I'm sensing a new influx of State of Minnesota refugees coming to South Dakota. Minnesota as a state has been kind to us over the last decades sending us many businesses to primarily escape their taxes. Now there appears to be a whole new group of people coming to escape their government's policies/idiocies that are destroying what once once a gem of a city.

It appears that Minneapolis is being turned over to all the thugs, brainless liberals of all colors, and (Yes, I'll say it) massive numbers of immigrants who refuse to assimilate.

I never dreamed that riots of this scale could happen there. This was the crazy crap that always happened in other cities. Thanks to all the Democratic elected officials and their cowardice, it is going to take the federal government to handle what they should have.

Someone mentioned the possible correlation with Detroit. Don't blink, it could happen.
South Dakota has a good governor. I like how she handled the Covid nonsense - maybe one of the few governors who handled it soberly, and with intelligence.

Let's be honest, California/European-liberalsim (one-party rule) is going to take over all of America in due time. Anyone here who denies it is lying to themselves.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Let's be honest, California/European-liberalsim (one-party rule) is going to take over all of America in due time. Anyone here who denies it is lying to themselves.
I agree that they will try. The assault has already begun. Whether it actually happens is up to us.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:07 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,926,010 times
Quote:
As multiple police chiefs from around the country have said, training to subdue a person while being arrested does NOT include using the actions that these 4 dimwits used. This is on the Minneapolis police department, it's leadership, and the leadership of the city itself.

The guy with the foot on the neck of George for 8 1/2 minutes has what can be called a "rap sheet" of complaints against him over the 19 years he was a cop. All he ever got was a slap on the wrist.

Police over the last decade have become targeted. Thus, they are going to be very defensive. Even so, you're going to have some that go too far and should not be police. This cop that has now been arrested should have been let go years ago.

However, the actions of one or several moron cops does not mean that all cops are like them. Most every policeman I've ever met or known (I have 2 brother-in-laws that were cops) will be very civil with you IF you are the same with them. In most all cases it's bringing a constant attitude or resisting that starts a confrontation. Keep in mind on those situations, the police do have reason to fear for their own safety.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
As multiple police chiefs from around the country have said, training to subdue a person while being arrested does NOT include using the actions that these 4 dimwits used. This is on the Minneapolis police department, it's leadership, and the leadership of the city itself.

The guy with the foot on the neck of George for 8 1/2 minutes has what can be called a "rap sheet" of complaints against him over the 19 years he was a cop. All he ever got was a slap on the wrist.

Police over the last decade have become targeted. Thus, they are going to be very defensive. Even so, you're going to have some that go too far and should not be police. This cop that has now been arrested should have been let go years ago.

However, the actions of one or several moron cops does not mean that all cops are like them. Most every policeman I've ever met or known (I have 2 brother-in-laws that were cops) will be very civil with you IF you are the same with them. In most all cases it's bringing a constant attitude or resisting that starts a confrontation. Keep in mind on those situations, the police do have reason to fear for their own safety.
I don’t want a repeat of what happened to the Dallas cops. It doesn’t take much to spur a mentally unstable person to irrational deadly acts.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul