Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 09:42 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
And let's be clear. There is NO "Antifa Organization." Antifa is a philosophy., NOT an organized group.
It doesn't matter. People can still blame the movement, and the people who participate in it.

Here's the latest, from events Sunday and Monday in Washington, DC, from NBC:
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...avior-n1221456
Quote:
A Twitter account claiming to belong to a national “antifa” organization and pushing violent rhetoric related to ongoing protests has been linked to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa, according to a Twitter spokesperson.

The spokesperson said the account violated the company's platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts. Twitter suspended the account after a tweet that incited violence.

As protests were taking place in multiple states across the U.S. Sunday night, the newly created account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted, “Tonight’s the night, Comrades,” with a brown raised fist emoji and “Tonight we say 'F--- The City' and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours …”
More on who Identity Evropa is/are:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_Evropa

More news:
Quote:
On Sunday, Trump tweeted he would designate Antifa a terrorist organization, despite the US government having no existing legal authority to do so.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-02-2020 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 11:50 AM

202 posts, read 429,298 times
LOL when they arrest a guy breaking up conrete with a hammer and hes a 60 year old scrawny looking mad scientist with puffy grey hair, or some chick that looks like she belongs in the adams family placing bricks in the hands of youths, or two white chicks spraypainting BLM and each of these is dressed in all black and look exactly like the leftist anti trump protestors that battled the proud boys in washington etc. then you see their face and its a pale ghoulish dude wearing eyeliner or they look like deblasios daughter, pretty sure thats not a right wing undercover pretending to be antifa LOL. get real. this isnt even up for debate.

they have entire pamphlet handbooks on how to agitate and incite. this isnt conspiracy its facts.

and obviously if you arent on twitter/ig following all this, then you are already so far behind knowledge and whats happening

Old 06-02-2020, 04:10 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
Wearing black, wearing eyeliner.. Impossible to copy that look. Lmao.

Guess you haven't seen "Kent St. Gun Girl" Kaitlen Bennetts undercover antifa posts.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:37 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default Wow! the governor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
It’s Antifa. The people on the ground already said so. The BLM leaders already said so.

Would you please provide a source link for your claim that, "It's Antifa" and also "...BLM said so.."

We are not going to know the whole, full truth until some time down the road when hopefully the truth will rise to the top through investigations. As such, I support the appointment of a bi-partisan commission, ala the Warren Commission or the Kerner Commission to get that job done.

But, did you all notice what Twitter did in taking down a subterfuge account? That's likely to only be just a start in that direction.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/twitter-m...t-group-antifa

If you think that account will be the last such account to be taken down, I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell you.

I've been warning people that sources of misinformation coming from all sorts of directions, both domestic & international, are working to sow confusion, spread hate & fear & just plain mess with American society. And they also agitate for violence.

Old vladimir, the short, strutting little peacock is sitting over in Moscow licking his chops at the chaos in America. Not only is the violence & and personal tragedy of this season of tribulation in America a "gift" to him but so is all of the early on finger pointing. These newest woes in America are the "shiny new object over there" that helps him to distract his own people from paying full attention to the healthcare & now Covid 19 woes he has saddled Russians with.
And in Beijing, the Communist Chinese dictatorship turns around any American push against their emerging dictatorial policy toward Hong Kong by saying at us, "Look at George Floyd and Minneapolis!"

We really can be our own worst enemy and also suckers far too often.

And take this as an fyi: There is no true comparison between the level of violence in tactics employed by Antifa and the Anarchist Movement, nor is there any coordination between them. Their goals are far apart, my friends. Anarchists want to destroy the state, whatever form it is in, and to bring down the world order. But don't take my word for it; rather do your own research so as to learn the difference between Antifa and the Anarchist Movement.

In that vein I'll leave you with this little nugget of info about the Anarchist Movement: It's existed in various forms worldwide for centuries & has been in the U.S. since the 1800's.
And an anarchist cell led to the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand of Austro-Hungary & his wife in Sarajevo in August, 1914 which was the spark that set off WW1. Talk about messing things up!

Old 06-03-2020, 08:05 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Folks coming out of the woodwork to protect philosophy that is no way mainstream and inherently dangerous to ALL Americans.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:14 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Agreed. These people you're replying to are watching corporate-owned news which depicts the story those people are most likely to want to hear.

The truth is that something much larger is at work here. https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1266728243236950018
(Click image, and then click all replies. Scroll down for hundreds of similar videos)

I highly recommend the video where the guy with the camera finds the undercover cops in D.C. planting "protesters" who then pretended to be with CNN. That woke me up pretty quick.

I highly recommend everyone to take a break from having an opinion, to be honest. This is all getting a bit more clear and a bit more nebulous all at once, but from my early observations, it appears that a lot of this is planned. Entities both domestic and international are either, a) inciting a race war, or b) delegitimizing protests to silence the message just like it always happens. It could be both. But it's not what people think it is.

If we're all just reaching for the lowest hanging fruit, we're going to be seriously mislead.
I agree. For generations now we have been groomed to view everything, even the most logical, through the filter of our political side. The result is irrational division among people who should share a common interest - unity, prosperity and safety.

Instead of rational decisions we are getting emotion-based declarations from politicians and we hang on every word waiting for permission to act. We've lost our ability to do what is in our own best interest.

All Minnesotans lose. We get caught up in our "side" "winning" at all costs. It's very easy to manipulate people with this carrot.

Our first focus should be a united Minnesota dedicated to stopping the damage. Where there is chaos and fear nothing else can be accomplished.

Stop those who are out of control, mostly young males, so clear heads of every color can ensure mutual cooperation.

When the house is on fire you waste precious time trying to figure out who did it. You put the fire out.

Blame is a red herring and keeps us in confusion.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:40 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I agree. For generations now we have been groomed to view everything, even the most logical, through the filter of our political side. The result is irrational division among people who should share a common interest - unity, prosperity and safety.

Instead of rational decisions we are getting emotion-based declarations from politicians and we hang on every word waiting for permission to act. We've lost our ability to do what is in our own best interest.

All Minnesotans lose. We get caught up in our "side" "winning" at all costs. It's very easy to manipulate people with this carrot.

Our first focus should be a united Minnesota dedicated to stopping the damage. Where there is chaos and fear nothing else can be accomplished.

Stop those who are out of control, mostly young males, so clear heads of every color can ensure mutual cooperation.

When the house is on fire you waste precious time trying to figure out who did it. You put the fire out.

Blame is a red herring and keeps us in confusion.

This is one of the more sensible posts that I've seen on the current climate that we are living in and trying to navigate. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:54 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
I just had a morbid humor moment.

We can't put the fires out yet because it might be "us" doing it?

Old 06-03-2020, 10:04 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,709,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I just had a morbid humor moment.

We can't put the fires out yet because it might be "us" doing it?
You think my city burning is a “humor moment?” Good grief, that’s sick.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
There is for sure an uproar in the community over its horrible police force but there is so much evidence since day one of the riots of outside agitators, the first day of the riots the fires were set so quick and on the second day was the reports and video evidence (many of which gets taken down) of young white people in cars with no license plates driving up, tag storefront, smash window and drive away.

Plus there is this guy who is from Illinois but was arrested for handing out explosives to people.

https://www.startribune.com/we-came-...lis/570930722/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul