Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 07:30 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times

Advertisements

...including unveiling his name on the outfield wall for all to see in perpetuity.

Undoubtedly the other local sports teams will also find ways to display permanent tributes to the man murdered by 4 Minneapolis policemen.

Renaming bridges and high schools after Mr. Floyd can't be far away.

Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 08:05 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
...including unveiling his name on the outfield wall for all to see in perpetuity.

Undoubtedly the other local sports teams will also find ways to display permanent tributes to the man murdered by 4 Minneapolis policemen.

Deal with it.
All because a career criminal from Houston came up here and started some s*#t.

I will deal with it. I am done with the Twins and the Pohlads, who dumped $25 million or whatever it was into the DFL's coffers in the name of "social justice". Since I know without a doubt all the other teams will follow suit out of peer pressure and political correctness looks like my sports viewing days are over. Sports are supposed to be an escape from the worlds madness. Now they're just an extension of it.

I'm done......and thankful I got to experience the 50 years that I did. Like with pretty much everything else the left has ruined I feel sorry for the young folks who will never know how great it was. I will sustain myself on the memories of yesteryear as I seek out alternate entertainment options.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:25 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
All because a career criminal from Houston came up here and started some s*#t.
s.
A man who spent every waking hour of his adult life committing crime (terror).

So fitting he is the ultimate hero of the Left today.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:53 AM

82 posts, read 52,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post

Deal with it.
If a banner goes up but there is no one there to see it, did it really happen?

Old 07-29-2020, 04:53 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,715,779 times
The Twins are free to honor whomever and whatever they want and I don’t object. It’s their team and— sort of— their stadium. I’m not much for pro sports, simply preferring other forms of entertainment.

It occurs to me, however, that many people look to sports as a form of escape from their day-to-day cares, and moving away from role might lessen their value to many people, not because they object to the message so much as to they come to watch a sporting event for a different reason.

I’m sure from their perspective this makes sense, and player relations may be part of it, but I wonder if it will have a longer term impact on their business different from what they expect.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:38 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sono-Italiano View Post
If a banner goes up but there is no one there to see it, did it really happen?
That is exactly how a lot of folks will "Deal with it".

Old 07-30-2020, 04:36 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,411,487 times
The Twins in Floyd honored a low life felon drug dealer who once stuck a gun to a pregnant women's stomach in a home invasion. Why do they honor this one guy who died accidentally from a very rare case of police negligence? But then they don't honor the 5,000+ black on black homicide victims annually in the US?

Old 07-30-2020, 06:56 AM

4,868 posts, read 6,933,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
The Twins in Floyd honored a low life felon drug dealer who once stuck a gun to a pregnant women's stomach in a home invasion. Why do they honor this one guy who died accidentally from a very rare case of police negligence? But then they don't honor the 5,000+ black on black homicide victims annually in the US?
Or the 30+ police officers who have died by gunfire since the start of the year in the U.S. while doing their jobs and trying to protect our citizens.

Be careful Minnesota Twins. Your attempt to appease the radical left may backfire in your face. Do you REALLY think the group who's ass you're kissing is your solid fan base?

Old 07-31-2020, 02:16 AM

693 posts, read 641,803 times
Seeing that the civil suit could result in the largest judgement awarded in history, when the City's mayor calls it murder and the narrative changes from Floyd unknowingly passing a counterfeit $20 bill to the one where the video shows that Mr. Floyd never exited his vehicle from the time he parked until the time the Officer pulled his gun and ordered Mr. Floyd to exit his vehicle, then you gotta think it is going to be in the $billions$

But you and Minneapolis ought to know about assumptions and the video doesn't lie.

Old 07-31-2020, 03:19 AM

693 posts, read 641,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Why do they honor this one guy who died accidentally from a very rare case of police negligence?
The cause of death was determined by the Medical Examiner as a homicide.
You made the case that Mr. Floyd's death was second degree manslaughter, no matter how very rare the negligence. Misrepresenting the facts doesn't occur accidentally, it results when a person intentionally holds the truth with such little regard that they are willing to believe a lie when offended by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul