Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 08:33 PM

24 posts, read 23,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Few city council members are looking to disband the police department and have a non armed people attempt to do things. This is hilarious, glad I only choose to visit Mpls occasionally for work and bars and don’t live there.

https://alphanewsmn.com/minneapolis-city-council/
LOL never moving there. They expect cops to be like psychologists for snowflakes.

Save the people not the thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 09:33 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I don’t usually quote myself, but I wrote this on another thread and it seems relevant here.
I hope you all understand that this is an effort by all the parties responsible for the collapse of discipline and failure of leadership to avoid responsibility, from the governor down through the mayor, council members, police chief, and precinct inspectors of the MPD. Years of promotion based on race, sex, and sexual orientation over merit have destroyed MPD.

If the leadership can pull this off they can, once again, push it off on the street cops and avoid all responsibility for their incompetence.
Although I do not think the looting will spread to places beyond city centers based on the practicalities of looting and the arc of previous riots, I agree totally that the leadership of this town is composed of self-serving, opportunistic, buck-passing idiots.

Quote:
This was the abysmal failure of MPD: they failed to protect George Floyd and ensure that he received the protection to which someone accused of a crime is entitled.
This also was one of my first reactions as I thought "Where are the cops?"

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 06-03-2020 at 09:41 PM..

Old 06-03-2020, 10:29 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Although I do not think the looting will spread to places beyond city centers based on the practicalities of looting and the arc of previous riots...
Too late. If they looted Santa Monica, they can loot anywhere.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...vey-whats-left

Old 06-04-2020, 07:44 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
Quote:
Too late. If they looted Santa Monica, they can loot anywhere.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...vey-whats-left
It was downtown in the city section of hi-end stores, no?
I'm not very familiar with Santa Monica, but recall it is a pretty populated town.
Of course any store can be looted, but I think my point still stands.
Feel free to disagree.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:54 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
You seem to be under the impression that the rioting and damage in the Twin Cities was confined to the central city. This map shows all damage related to the recent unrest. As you can see, it is dispersed around the metro area, including the suburbs.

https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer...I6Rr-Kd5&hl=en

Old 06-04-2020, 06:29 PM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
Quote:
You seem to be under the impression that the rioting and damage in the Twin Cities was confined to the central city. This map shows all damage related to the recent unrest. As you can see, it is dispersed around the metro area, including the suburbs.
And I heard today that two post offices were burnt to ruin: Lake Street and Minnehaha.

Come on, Ellison, when will we see some charges for the looting and rioting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul