Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 12:27 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times

Advertisements

So the CBS story about George Floyd and Derek Chauvin having an argument at work turns out to be bull****.

CBS source takes back story George Floyd and Derek Chauvin 'bumped heads' | City Pages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 12:39 PM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
George Floyd should have been in jail for the rest of his life for armed robbery.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:44 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
George Floyd should have been in jail for the rest of his life for armed robbery.
Whatever. You don’t seem to realize that armed robbery doesn’t carry a life sentence. 15 year maximum sentence.

Last edited by Glenfield; 06-11-2020 at 12:58 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 12:56 PM

560 posts, read 785,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Of all that was written, your eyes scanned and found "black man" despite the fact that my reply to you wasn't about race but was about a tyrannical government. Sadly, you can't even respond to anyone's posts unless it's to attack someone who isn't even alive. Something tells me that the only one with a fixation on race is actually you.
Please allow me to attack the character of several living political luminaries here in California who are currently genuflecting at the shrine of George Floyd. They are as follows: Gavin Newsom, Dianne Feinstein, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva, Kamala Harris, and my favorite Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. Oh! Let's not forget Maxine Waters.

Last edited by Seadory; 06-11-2020 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 04:45 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
Please allow me to attack the character of several living political luminaries here in California who are currently genuflecting at the shrine of George Floyd. They are as follows: Gavin Newsom, Dianne Feinstein, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva, Kamala Harris, and my favorite Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. Oh! Let's not forget Maxine Waters.
I'll join you on Harris and Garcetti. Harris is partially responsible for the police being as out of control as they are now with absurd crime bills in California. And Garcetti gave police cover in the press conference after LAPD drove over innocent people in their SUV. If I could cuss on CD, I would, go on a rant on Garcetti so hard he wouldn't know what had hit him.

But, see, I'm not a Republican or Democrat, so unlike you, I'm not beholden to one of two political parties that don't a bleep about any of the voters. If I were you, I'd start finding a place where you feel comfortable criticizing everyone in politics and not just the ones you've been taught to hate.

We shouldn't be cowards like they are.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:24 PM

560 posts, read 785,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
I'll join you on Harris and Garcetti. Harris is partially responsible for the police being as out of control as they are now with absurd crime bills in California. And Garcetti gave police cover in the press conference after LAPD drove over innocent people in their SUV. If I could cuss on CD, I would, go on a rant on Garcetti so hard he wouldn't know what had hit him.

But, see, I'm not a Republican or Democrat, so unlike you, I'm not beholden to one of two political parties that don't a bleep about any of the voters. If I were you, I'd start finding a place where you feel comfortable criticizing everyone in politics and not just the ones you've been taught to hate.

We shouldn't be cowards like they are.
I agree! However, I'm very comfortable pointing the finger at both parties. Sadly, selecting a candidate in California is sometimes like making a choice between Leopold and Loeb. I think Gore Vidal once said that the two political parties are like cancer and tuberculosis-they'll both kill you in the end.

The cast of characters I mentioned are Democrats because the Republican Party is a superminority holding only 18 or 19 seats from a total of around 80. And if what I'm looking at here is correct, they hold 11 seats out of 40 in the state senate. I believe out of our 11 largest cities there are 3 or 4 Republican mayors.

This most recent turn of unfortunate events has simply showcased California's gallery of political buffoons that we continue to re-elect over and over.

We are in serious trouble here. But those troubles are not related to George Floyd incident and best expressed in another forum.

I know what you mean about Garcetti, but Gov. Gavin Newsom is even more bewildering.

Oh! As for the Republicans here in California? Spineless neuters. All six of them.

Last edited by Seadory; 06-11-2020 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: forgot something.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:32 AM

24 posts, read 23,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
George Floyd's brother spoke earlier today before Congress. Philonise Floyd said it was shocking that his brother had been killed by police in an encounter in which they were investigating if he had counterfeited a $20 bill.
Quoting Mr. Floyd, “George wasn’t hurting anyone that day,” and he, " ..didn't deserve to die over $20."
He pointedly said, " I’m asking you, is that what a black man is worth? $20?”

So I will ask you, supersonic1990 the same thing?
How cheap is a life to you?
Troll, here you are.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:56 PM

316 posts, read 214,371 times
The fact is both Chauvin and Floyd had records yet they both held jobs.

I'm only vaguely familiar with Candice Owens, and it seems I have no use for her her based on what little I do know. I consider myself moderate democrat and agree I think they are looking for a new Civil Rights martyr. They tried with Rodney King. However, unlike him MLK promoted peace. Would some of the famous people have cared otherwise who Floyd was the same as Michael Brown of Eric Garner? I doubt if most of them would have blinked twice at him. He was an unknown all his life and now he got 3 funerals and known worldwide . I'm not saying racism nor this case should be ignored, but I'm afraid that is sending a bad message and may promote"death by cop" copy cat behavior, all over one man. I'd be appalled if my funeral were broadcast and no one even knew who I was before.

Quote:
There was also another side to Mr. Floyd, one that people should be aware of, and there is nothing wrong with remembering someone for the good they’ve done in this world.
Yes, how Floyd died was horrible. But as said it doesn't absolve him from actions. If a child rapist gets killed in prison, you can feel badly for the family and not forget what they did. Sometimes it's hard to accept ones we admire and possibly done good things have still harmed or possibly harmed others, like Michael Jackson or Bill Cosby. and even Mother Theresa. They had/have also done good things. We have to accept they weren't the perfect people the world made them out to be, and we can learn from their mistakes or crimes. It's okay to talk about that too. Let's not bury our heads in the sand.

Last edited by roddma; 06-12-2020 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-16-2020, 01:42 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
She's one of the most intelligent and eloquent women on the planet - and that requires no supplementary mention of her race. Candice is just smart as a whip, period.

I'd vote for her for president in a heartbeat, and I honestly hope that's where she ends up.
God forbid.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:48 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The sad part is that the black community has not been served well by leadership. People like Al Sharpton profits off racial issues. Once he gets his check he goes away. Same as the family affected too, because the payments always comes with strings attachments. Colin Kapernick also disappeared after he took the check from NFL to no longer speak about NFL inequality.

And it's this constant viscous cycle of chaos that makes him wealthy while the community gets even more systematic racism and inequality when they use riots and protests to convey a message.

People who protests = people who are powerless against those in power

True change comes from voting in leaders that are accountable to the voters. If you keep voting the same party all the time, they got your votes in their back pockets. Why should they do anything?

Exactly right.

You are referring to the "Republicon" Party, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul