Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 06:07 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
It not an asinine question. It’s more an objective statement. If a poster is always making comments like: “you know how I feel about those people” it’s quite obvious to most.
Unlike Cruz Azul Guy whom I respect despite our disagreements, I would never suggest that McCarthyism is beneath you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 06:14 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Unlike Cruz Azul Guy whom I respect despite our disagreements, I would never suggest that McCarthyism is beneath you.
They all got you off the subject. See how they do that? Whataboutism.

I asked Cruz to show me one single piece of proof that it was white supremacists that torched anything. He cant. So he changed the subject.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:16 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
It’s as asinine as any other ideological purity question. It’s purpose is to create a perception about the person being questioned. You don’t like that poster’s ideas, and you know under the TOS you can’t come out and call him a white supremicist, so you try to taint him with the question. Frankly, McCarthyism is beneath you, or at least it should be.
Almost every post he makes is a dog whistle with some so blatantly repeating the credo or main talking points. I’m tired of dancing around what is pretty obvious to anyone paying attention. Sorry to offend but I’m just calling a spade a spade here.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Almost every post he makes is a dog whistle with some so blatantly repeating the credo or main talking points. I’m tired of dancing around what is pretty obvious to anyone paying attention. Sorry to offend but I’m just calling a spade a spade here.
Show me proof "white supremacists" burned anything down. Oh...you can't.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:30 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Show me proof "white supremacists" burned anything down. Oh...you can't.
Ah yes, here he comes once again in defense of white supremacists!

Old 06-20-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:

That is the narrative the Left is going with. Blaming it all on whites/"white supremacists". There isn't a single piece of proof. Nope, it is all Left-wingers who torched the Cities.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
He is not defending them. He is saying that attributing the unrest to them is a canard. No one has shown any evidence of white supremacists being involved, including you.

I have long contended it was a collection locally grown kooks that don’t fit a left/ right paradigm.

And I don’t see you condemning antifa.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:53 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
And every time I make a point you disagree with, I support my comment with facts, direct quotes, or copy and paste without edit. Then the discussion ends. Can’t help it if you don’t like being proved wrong.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 06-20-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
He is not defending them. He is saying that attributing the unrest to them is a canard. No one has shown any evidence of white supremacists being involved, including you.

I have long contended it was a collection locally grown kooks that don’t fit a left/ right paradigm.

And I don’t see you condemning antifa.
Exactly. The early narrative that was unequivocally pushed was it was "white supremacists" (I guess code for "right wingers")

I was like...WUT? There has never been any such proof put forth.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
And every time I make a point you disagree with, I support my comment with facts, direct quotes, or copy and paste without edit. Then the discussion ends. Can’t help it if you don’t like being proved wrong.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don’t see any links in the post you started off with and have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t recall you actually having ever made a point. I don’t interact with you much because I find most of your stuff to be banal and trite, and makes no sense. And I’m being MN nice when I say most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul