Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 12:52 PM

83 posts, read 130,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Where else could they find 94,000 sq ft of office space? These deals are also over a year in the making. Backing out probably would be a financial disaster and no other spot has that amount of space maybe? Hopefully it works out well.
When we were moving our office a few years ago, as long as we didn't sign the lease we could walk away. But yes, even for our small office it took about 9 months from the time we resolved to move until move in day (lots of showings, lease negotiations, legal review, construction of the new office, then setting up the actual move). And this was for 3000 square foot office with 15 people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 02:28 PM

4,861 posts, read 6,926,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
For Deluxe this is kind of a lateral move. It would be interesting to know to what extent this move was orchestrated before the riots, lawlessness, and Covid hit the downtown area of Minneapolis. Also, to what extent halting the move would have had negative consequences.

I actually work with this company and I can attest that most all of their office/sales support people are working remotely and there have been minor glitches because of this. I'm guessing it will stay that way for a pretty long time and they'll eventually get these glitches ironed out.
Whatever they're doing, it hasn't been helping their stock price.

https://network.napco.com/print-and-...PSW_092220.jpg

Old 09-22-2020, 02:52 PM

6,552 posts, read 7,133,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Whatever they're doing, it hasn't been helping their stock price.

https://network.napco.com/print-and-...PSW_092220.jpg
I don’t know if they are all working from home or not, but I drive by the HQ in Shoreview all the time including yesterday and there weren’t many vehicles parked there. But well more then 10. They have a tarp used for their big signage on the street entrance, looks weird and not in a good way.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:15 PM

38 posts, read 30,411 times
Moved to the Twin Cities in 1998 and it was just magical: vibrant downtown, did all my Christmas shopping at Dayton's and Gaviide. Would meet friends out downtown for drinks and dinner. Grand Avenue. Now reading things like this:

Owner of Brit's Pub says downtown Minneapolis no longer safe for customers

"It's pretty extensive, unfortunately," says Talebi. "And you know, they got into the building, lit it on fire. Thank God it didn't spread throughout the entire complex, but, it's just completely ransacked. The entire building. Got upstairs, downstairs, office, computers, TV's, liquor. I think they might've just pulled up here with their cars and unloaded the business. So it's just, it's disheartening, sad. This is such an institution to look at the building and this state of disarray is just
surreal."
https://www.radio.com/wccoradio/arti...e-for-business

Old 09-28-2020, 10:35 AM

41 posts, read 25,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flash View Post
Moved to the Twin Cities in 1998 and it was just magical: vibrant downtown, did all my Christmas shopping at Dayton's and Gaviide. Would meet friends out downtown for drinks and dinner. Grand Avenue. Now reading things like this:

Owner of Brit's Pub says downtown Minneapolis no longer safe for customers

"It's pretty extensive, unfortunately," says Talebi. "And you know, they got into the building, lit it on fire. Thank God it didn't spread throughout the entire complex, but, it's just completely ransacked. The entire building. Got upstairs, downstairs, office, computers, TV's, liquor. I think they might've just pulled up here with their cars and unloaded the business. So it's just, it's disheartening, sad. This is such an institution to look at the building and this state of disarray is just
surreal."
https://www.radio.com/wccoradio/arti...e-for-business
Agreed, so sad. On the other hand, Bender, Ellison Jr. and Cano think it's terrific.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:02 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
The owners of 40 businesses wrote a letter to the mayor saying the lawlessness in downtown Minneapolis endangered the survival of their businesses.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...ll-businesses/

Old 10-04-2020, 06:49 AM

6,552 posts, read 7,133,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalife View Post
Plus, there are a lot of people who will continue to vote these buffoons in. Last week, I took a drive to another state and it felt so good to be away from this mess. I only remain in the area because my job is in the suburbs. Fleeing the state when eligible for Medicare.
It also could be no sane person would willing want to run and win and try and work with them? It’s a job nobody wants?

Old 10-04-2020, 06:49 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
As usual, it's people who benefit the most from these services/businesses who are hurt the most when some choose to act out and politicians ignore their duty to protect.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:59 AM

455 posts, read 1,114,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
It also could be no sane person would willing want to run and win and try and work with them? It’s a job nobody wants?
Yes, I have thought about the fact that decent people are not going to even want to try to run Minneapolis. There really are a lot of citizens who support the criminal element in this city. It is great to take drives away from this region to get another perspective on life. A sane perspective...

Old 10-04-2020, 01:06 PM

853 posts, read 337,107 times
It seems like this forum has become an echo chamber for right wingers who are heavily invested in the idea that Minneapolis is about to collapse. Meanwhile the kids and the grandkids of the upper Midwest's angry old right wingers still want to live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul