Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 06:38 AM

6,552 posts, read 7,133,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Is there a general sadness that permeates the population now, or perhaps a bit of "let's pick up the pieces and move forward" mentality?
For me (which I live in a city that borders Mpls and I live a block from Hennepin county) for work, I stay away more now. I haven’t been messed with yet as I fall into a category that at glance I probably have a gun on me and will use it. (I own a lawn service). I had a 20 something peering into my truck bed two weeks ago in Uptown. He saw me looking at him and he left, he also didn’t have anything to take worth anything to him. I pay attention to one certain area of Mpls I wonder to go meet up with friends at. Things have already happened at one of places where telling people of what has already happen would scare everyone away. We’ve just accepted it as normal now and continue to go back there. It’s not a good trend at all. Play the game Grand Theft Auto and that’s exactly what’s happening in the area I’m referencing to. It’s only going to get worse. A friend called a cab to be nice for two guys last week, they robbed the cab driver, she felt responsible.

I’ve never wanted or liked guns, I shot my friends AR’s camping 3 weeks ago and got nothing out of it, but tracer rounds are fun. I’m probably going be buying one to carry when I work now. I will not ever drive my Porsche Cayenne Turbo in Mpls again. I have to think about where I’m going now before I can decide to go or not go. Besides a few bars and work, I won’t set foot in the city again, other cities can have my money.

Last edited by wamer27; 09-03-2020 at 06:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:30 AM

41 posts, read 25,146 times
Quote:
Is there a general sadness that permeates the population now, or perhaps a bit of "let's pick up the pieces and move forward" mentality?
If you're asking "are we all in this together", the answer of course is a resounding "NO". We were never all in this together in the first place. The elite still make the rules and then break them when they want to get their hair washed and blow dried. They then claim ignorance of the law and the media lets them get away with it. The bozos on the Mpls. Silly Clowncil have certainly not changed their beliefs at all. They still want to abolish the police but realize they've been put into their place, at least temporarily. It doesn't matter that the majority of Mpls. citizens disagree with abolishing the police. They have their agenda, they are in office only to advance their agenda and they will continue to do so. The notion that politicians are "public servants" is total BS. And the rioters and looters will continue to be allowed to run amok and feckless Frey will do nothing more than stand behind his podium at the press conferences he loves so much, feign toughness and then tell us "we've got to heal".

So no, it's not about sadness and it's certainly not about coming together. It's about 2 sets of beliefs- one good and one evil and only time will tell which wins out.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:29 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
[Mod cut]

There are changes going on all over the country, the world, not just here. Sporting events and public gatherings, concerts and celebrations were cancelled due to COVID-19, not what happened in Minneapolis. You’d never know by reading about some of these hate-filled finger pointing posts.
[Mod cut]
Some of us will stand in unity, some will be miserable wherever they are.

Last edited by elnina; 09-04-2020 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Please stop that.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:10 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
I don’t see anything about the homicides being addressed. It’s all about systemic racism, defund the police, and can you believe what Trump just tweeted.

I think most people in the suburbs are just glad they don’t live in Minneapolis proper. Most people don’t want their homes and businesses burnt to the ground.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I don’t see anything about the homicides being addressed. It’s all about systemic racism, defund the police, and can you believe what Trump just tweeted.

I think most people in the suburbs are just glad they don’t live in Minneapolis proper. Most people don’t want their homes and businesses burnt to the ground.
The only ones who are glad are the violent Antifaites and BLMers that love them a good riot.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:46 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,342,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Man MN View Post
The only ones who are glad are the violent Antifaites and BLMers that love them a good riot.
Plus white supremicists:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53579099

Old 09-04-2020, 11:17 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
The Umbrella Man as a white supremacist story is bull****. Put in a report by a cop with a history of liberal social media posts, he’s supposedly IDed in an anonymous email but they’ve never given his name nor have they ever found him. Umbrella Man is antifa.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:43 AM

The left is desperate to find their white supremacist boogeyman. Especially the leftist media. But even the Star and Sickle reported today that of the people arrested so far for rioting and arson, none have been tied to "white supremacists".

Old 09-05-2020, 02:35 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
The Umbrella Man as a white supremacist story is bull****. Put in a report by a cop with a history of liberal social media posts, he’s supposedly IDed in an anonymous email but they’ve never given his name nor have they ever found him. Umbrella Man is antifa.
It is the purest of truthiness in the left wing echo chamber bubbles, which are impervious to facts.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:32 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,816 times
"Antifa" is a conservative Boogeyman. There is no Antifa organization.

So if you hate Antifa, does that mean you support racism? Do you support Fascism? Because the definition of Antifa is "Anti-Fascism." Like Mussolini's Fascism. Like Hitler's Fascism.

Like WTF? Do Conservatives REALLY want to support Fascism? Americans of EVERY stripe should be Anti-Fascism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of: