Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 07:13 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,243 times

Advertisements

St. P seems nicer relative to the ultra woke, defund the police Minnie - but it probably isn't too far off from its far left twin. Choosing one of the near suburbs would probably be a safer long-term bet in the crazy Twin Cities area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 08:48 PM

6,543 posts, read 7,127,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
St. P seems nicer relative to the ultra woke, defund the police Minnie - but it probably isn't too far off from its far left twin. Choosing one of the near suburbs would probably be a safer long-term bet in the crazy Twin Cities area.
Exactly why I bought a house in a first ring suburb after looking in Mpls. $10 10 minute Uber ride to my favorite area in Ne Mpls.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:45 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
Quote:
St. P? Nobody calls it that. Please stop trying to pretend like you have knowledge about this area...because you don’t.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
St. P? Nobody calls it that. Please stop trying to pretend like you have knowledge about this area...because you don’t.
That was completely tongue in cheek - no reason to get all serious.

And actually, I do have knowledge about the area because a lot of people would probably agree with me that Minneapolis' radical left, defund the police politics and concerning crime statistics are a good reason to stay away from the city.

Am I not allowed to state that plain fact, or let alone talk about Saint Minneapolis (lol) now?

Old 01-04-2021, 07:23 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times
Quote:
That was completely tongue in cheek - no reason to get all serious.

And actually, I do have knowledge about the area because a lot of people would probably agree with me that Minneapolis' radical left, defund the police politics and concerning crime statistics are a good reason to stay away from the city.

Am I not allowed to state that plain fact, or let alone talk about Saint Minneapolis (lol) now?
That is not evidence of knowledge, it is evidence of an internet connection. I believe what Cruz meant, and I would agree, is that you have no first hand knowledge of the area. That doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion, just that it isn’t particularly valuable.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
That is not evidence of knowledge, it is evidence of an internet connection. I believe what Cruz meant, and I would agree, is that you have no first hand knowledge of the area. That doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion, just that it isn’t particularly valuable.
So one cannot have knowledge of something through an internet connection? I guess I should tell that to everyone who learned code or a new language or learned about a foreign country.

If I were to live in Minneapolis that would merely give me an opinion on things, but I absolutely can have knowledge through the internet.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:29 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,037 times
Quote:
The Met Council is trying to export trouble to all suburbs in MN, though. And further beyond (low-income taxpayer funded housing is up in places like Forest Lake now too). There is a larger agenda at play - there are so many things happening in these Cities, state and country that just isn't right.

For the record I am not against helping out the poor...what REALLY p---es me off is that someone who works less hard than me (by choice), is given a nice cushy place in Forest Lake, but because I break my back I make "too much" to get government help or to leave the Twin Cities proper. There is something grotesque about that.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:58 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The Met Council is trying to export trouble to all suburbs in MN, though. And further beyond (low-income taxpayer funded housing is up in places like Forest Lake now too). There is a larger agenda at play - there are so many things happening in these Cities, state and country that just isn't right.

For the record I am not against helping out the poor...what REALLY p---es me off is that someone who works less hard than me (by choice), is given a nice cushy place in Forest Lake, but because I break my back I make "too much" to get government help or to leave the Twin Cities proper. There is something grotesque about that.
I’m fairly certain the poster has never heard of Forest Lake and would have to check Google Maps to see where it is situated geographically. My advice - don’t feed the trolls.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:40 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times
Quote:
So one cannot have knowledge of something through an internet connection? I guess I should tell that to everyone who learned code or a new language or learned about a foreign country.

If I were to live in Minneapolis that would merely give me an opinion on things, but I absolutely can have knowledge through the internet.
I think it’s fairly obvious that while one can gain knowledge over the internet, one cannot gain firsthand knowledge or experience. Therefore, on this particular topic, your opinion has less valuable than those who have first hand knowledge through personal experience.

Last edited by Glenfield; 01-04-2021 at 10:52 AM..

Old 01-05-2021, 04:15 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
This is very classic MN mentality. Anyone not from here or living here - how dare they comment on Mpls or St P - BTW - St P is just another abbreviation and shouldn't get you so excited. Very rude.

We have guy from CT that likes to comment when we are in for bad weather. I personally like having him show the interest but there are only about 3 of us that will respond to him because of that MN mentality - you're an OUTSIDER and we don't respond to outsiders. Get over it. It makes us all look very backward and like a bunch of hicks.

Last edited by Umbria; 01-05-2021 at 04:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul