Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:01 AM

93 posts, read 367,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northidahogirl View Post
I enjoy the snow, but not the cold.
This is an easy one, don't move to minnesota. Try Colorado or north east coast.

Bugs will still eat you alive in the summertime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,232,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngurbanprofessional View Post
This is an easy one, don't move to minnesota. Try Colorado or north east coast.

Bugs will still eat you alive in the summertime.
You seem to have missed her reason for the move.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 PM

3 posts, read 9,248 times
Default moving to minnesota for a boy friend

why on Gods earth would a woman pack up her bags and move for a "boy friend" talk about gettin the milk with out havin to pay for the cow. and to go to southern minnesota no less. what would possess one to even consider this? if one is that in love then maybe the man should propose marriage. sounds like a sweet deal for the guy.... jus have a girl pick up and move and when it dont work out.. he is out nothing. mean while she is left in misery.. in the midst of no wheres ville usa. brutal hot and muggy in the summer. bitter cold and wind with no tress in the winter. misquitos? looks like a sand storm coming. eveings spent cleaning fish.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 PM

31 posts, read 78,067 times
Default Moving to Minnesota

I actually spent my entire life in Central Minnesota until I moved to Idaho (Pocatello) a year ago. What I love and miss most about Minnesota is the lakes, the thunderstorms, and how green everything is. I also loved having a huge city around me, always something to do. There is much more diversity. I wouldn't worry about tornado or lightening, chances are you have a greater chance at winning the lottery before the other two hit you. There are many beautiful spots in Minnesota, Still Water, Duluth, and many more. The mosquitoes are horrible, they can be the size of birds. (Well almost ) The Humidity is very hard to get used to. I get sick every time I go home for a visit in the summer. The winter, how can I but this, it gets very cold there! It hurts sometimes to go outside! Idaho has much better weather by far! Minnesota will always be Home, its a great place! I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul