Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 10,617 times

Advertisements

I have heard that ALMOST EVERYONE Fails here.. my test is on the thirteenth of July so now i am SUPER nervous. Did anyone have a problem passing here? and how many parks do you have to do? corner backing parallel etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM

409 posts, read 1,241,049 times
I passed here on the first time. I know plenty of other people that did too.There's one hill park, one 90 degree back in and one parallel, just like every other driver's test in MN.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:09 PM

2 posts, read 10,617 times
Okay cool! i take it tomorrow sooo hopefully ill pass too!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,235 times
i am going to take my test tomorrow and i was wondering about going into a one way to a two way.. do you have to go to the far left???

and is it true if you are the same sex as the person testing you, its harder and you have bigger chance in failing???

Last edited by OSMS; 07-27-2009 at 09:43 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 11:08 PM

409 posts, read 1,241,049 times
I passed and I my instructor was another guy.

Yes, you need to be in the farthest lane left or right corresponding to turns unless there are signs explicitly stating otherwise. If you don't know that, you shouldn't have passed your permit test, much less your drivers' test.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,684 times
has anyone taken a CDL test there, is it also on a closed course?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,195 times
I'm taking my test in Plymouth too, I'm really nervous for it and all these postings have been really helpful. Is there anything else i should know?

Old 02-07-2014, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,444 times
uphill parking, downhill parking, parallel and 90 degree backing. Beware the 'no right on red' sign. Also, never cross multiple lanes to get to the outside lane all at once - always turn into the nearest lane, then signal,check,change, signal,check, change. Finally, be aware of what you need to do when turning from a two-way street into a one-way. I have include the current statute following this blurb. Oh,and bumping the curb on parallel parking won't fail you, but they will deduct points. Bumping a cone, on the other hand, is an automatic fail.

169.19 TURNING, STARTING, AND SIGNALING. Subdivision 1. Turning at intersection. The driver of a vehicle intending to turn at an intersection shall do so as follows:
(a) Both the approach for a right turn and a right turn shall be made as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.
(b) Approach for a left turn on other than one-way roadways shall be made in that portion of the right half of the roadway nearest the centerline thereof, and after entering the intersection the left turn shall be made so as to leave the intersection to the right of the centerline of the roadway being entered. Whenever practicable the left turn shall be made in that portion of the intersection to the left of the center of the intersection.
(c) Approach for a left turn from a two-way roadway into a one-way roadway shall be made in that portion of the right half of the roadway nearest the centerline thereof and by passing to the right of such centerline where it enters the intersection.
(d) A left turn from a one-way roadway into a two-way roadway shall be made from the left-hand lane and by passing to the right of the centerline of the roadway being entered upon leaving the intersection.
(e) Where both streets or roadways are one way, both the approach for a left turn and a left turn shall be made as close as practicable to the left-hand curb or edge of the roadway.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:43 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
Well--hopefully after 4-5 years these posters have finally gotten their license--if not, it's probably best they give up trying

Old 08-26-2015, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,554 times
Hi everyone,

I know this post is pretty old and is not active anymore. But, just have a quick query on the Plymouth DMV road test. Any help would be much appreciated.

So, I searched online for the Plymouth road test circuit and found that the starting point has four lanes, marked 1,2,3 and 4 from where we have to take a mandatory right turn on a one way street. My question is, if I have to start from lane 1 which is at the farthest left and I have to take a right turn, on which lane should I complete my turn (extreme left or right lane)?

And, is there any way I can go and check the circuit before going for the test. I know we are not allowed to drive or practice there, but can we at least park our vehicle at the DMV parking and walk and check the whole circuit?

Thanks for all the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul