Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,243 times

Advertisements

Minneapolish is a large city population wise. However, it gives the small town feel. The night life is nice if you are adaptable to differnt cultures and lifestyles. I would not recommend this city if you are very conservative. Other than that its Okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 11:59 AM

5,977 posts, read 13,112,439 times
Minneapolis is one of the cities that despite not being huge, really, really packs a punch for a city of its size.

Its kind of like how say on the west coast, a city does not need to be large to be cool. I mean just look at all the people who much prefer San Fran, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, and Vegas (not really west coast at all but supports the idea that a city can be small, yet pack a punch), to LA. Even though LA is still the most cosmopolitan, and has more of everything, including areas that have the vibe of SD, SF, or wherever.

Or like in Texas, people thinking Austin is more awesome than Houston or Dallas, even though Houston and Dallas are larger, more cosmopolitan, etc.

In my opinion if people can think Austin, is more awesome than Houston or Dallas, or that San Diego, Vegasm, or San Francisco is better than LA, then the argument can be made that the Twin Cities can offer some things that some larger cities.

Minneapolis does not offer a downtown urban experience the way Chicago does. However on a per capita basis, its basically a widely known fact, that the pound for pound a higher % of the people are more progressive, health and fitness conscious, educated, and environmentally aware than the % of people in Chicago. Other posters on this forum, and I have concluded that although Minneapolis is much smaller than Chicago, you basically have gays and hipsters in most neighborhoods in the city, which to me actually says a lot. Even in the northside of Chicago (excluding the rusbelt south and west sides) this is not the case. Despite Chicago having more of everything. Most of the north side of Chicago extending all the way to O'Hare airport, is basically one big "King of Queens" TV show. Chicagos greater downtown is untouchable and has concentrated pedestrian activity and fun things to do that only Manhattan, Miami, Vegas strip could match. So that is something to consider.

A couple things about Minneapolis/twin cities. Downtown has the most extensive network of skybridges, so you can get around downtown without the fridgid cold. Also there are natural inland lakes, and a natural waterfall on the river.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
A couple things about Minneapolis/twin cities. Downtown has the most extensive network of skybridges, so you can get around downtown without the fridgid cold. Also there are natural inland lakes, and a natural waterfall on the river.
The skyway system. Minneapolis also has Minnehaha Falls in addition to St. Anthony Falls.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:10 PM

171 posts, read 179,503 times
Minneapolis is going to hell. Much higher crime rate and murder rate then Boston. Not a great place to raise a family anymore.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:33 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparel View Post
Minneapolis is going to hell. Much higher crime rate and murder rate then Boston. Not a great place to raise a family anymore.
This is your contribution? A snark comment on an eight year old thread? I don’t think they’ll see it. Lol.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:41 AM

171 posts, read 179,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
This is your contribution? A snark comment on an eight year old thread? I don’t think they’ll see it. Lol.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:48 AM

1,345 posts, read 876,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparel View Post
What a bump lol

Old 01-11-2021, 02:48 PM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
What a bump lol
Good job.,,on the bump.

Old 02-03-2021, 05:43 AM

71 posts, read 78,914 times
Ha ha ha, I was reading this thread and saw its age. I jumped to the end to see what might have been added recently. Gomer comment cracked me up.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:06 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandererAndTraveler View Post
Has crime changed since 2012? I am moving to the Twin Cities soon from the South. How do the Twin Cities compare to Atlanta crimewise?
Crime has skyrocketed in last 6+ months. Watch Live On Patrol on YouTube with the head Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher (St Paul is in Ramsey County). Bob’s a great entertaining guy from what I’ve seen watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul