Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 12,829 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a studio to start my daughter off in competition dance, and wondering what studio to place her at. She is VERY good at it. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 10:59 AM

638 posts, read 3,123,148 times
My kids went to Metro Dance Center in Shoreview. Here is their website: Home

Most of their instructors have been there for >5 years, my kids had fun and did compete but weren't in the top competition classes (which require a LOT of time and commitment from both the kids AND the families to get the kids there!).

I'm sure there are other schools, but this is the one I am familiar with.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 12,656 times
Wink Dance

Dancing On Broadway in Brooklyn Park is very competitive. They are good but there dances are not always age appropriate. The little one's tend to look like tiny hookers! Summit Dance is in Plymouth they are good but I'm not sure how competitive they are. My daughter dances at Kay Marie and Carols in Robbinsdale, they have great teachers. They only go to 2 competitions, they have performing lines that perform as entertainment mainly, but they are required to participate in the 2 competitions. Stage Door is in Blaine, they are also good but again I'm not sure how many competitions they attend. I hope this helps!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 12,269 times
this is probably a little late,

but for a really talented dancer (by which I mean, one who is in competition doing solos and getting "high point" awards) she should be either at Summit Dance Shoppe, or Larkin Dance Studio, hands down the two top studios in the cities for amazing dancers. They win almost everything at the more competitive competitions year after year. Otherwise, I believe that Dancer's Edge (formerly Butterfield) and Dancin' on Broadway and Studio 4 are all solid studios from the twin cities. Studios like Metro Dance, Dancin' Star, Helmer, 4th Street etc etc are pretty good too although not quite as competitive. Hope that helps!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 11,856 times
Unhappy Has anyone else had these types of issues

Dancin on Broadway is located in Brooklyn Park and my granddaughter attends. She just completed auditions for pre-preforming and made it.

I was quite shocked that there was really no information shared about this program prior to the audition, but it was presented at the time they told her she made it.
She is 7 years old and very excited to have been chosen, so how does Grandma say no to the dollars that it will cost after she has been selected.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 11,741 times
My daughters have gone to several studios in the north metro, and we have found the one they like the best is Dance Tech in Forest Lake. Their staff is remarkable, their facility is fabulous, and their groups are amazing! It's one big happy family there, and they do incredibly well at competitions, pretty much all their groups place in the high points and their diamond groups seem to take 1st and 2nd high points wherever we go! We are thrilled to be a part of this studio. The owner's daughter is Kourtni from last year's season of "So You Think You Can Dance." You will love it there!

Old 09-10-2009, 03:10 PM

4 posts, read 15,750 times
My aunt has owned a place in white bear lake for the last 15 years called 4th street dance...they are actually building a brand new studio now.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 11,102 times
Probably very late, but the Northern Force Dance Company is located near 125th and Central Avenue in Blaine. The group is definitely up and coming (check out the Hall of Fame 2010 results). The teachers are caring, dedicated, talented and demanding. I love it, and my girls (8 & 10) love it and are flourishing.

Northern Force: http://www.thedancestudiodancers.com/page/page/4941092.htm (broken link)
2010 Hall of Fame scores: [url=http://www.halloffamedance.com/regionals/results.aspx?id=255]Hall of Fame Dance Challenge : Regionals[/url]

Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 AM

336 posts, read 927,367 times
I agree, Summit or Larkin are the two top dance studios to be in for competition dance. My daughter has been at Summit for several years. Just be ready to spend lots of time & money there LOL I know a couple years ago Summit sent 4 kids to Julliard.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 11,026 times
Northland School of Dance in Champlin is a great one. Both my daughters have gone there. My 8 year old dances there now competitively. It's like a 2nd home for her. We have always been happy there. We do 4 competitions as a studio, with the ability to do more for solo/duet/trios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul