Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM

37 posts, read 153,547 times

Advertisements

i can't believe some of these clowns are trying to blame the father. pull your head out of your ass(es).

if more people started carrying guns (with permits) and enough people shot enough of the monkeys trying to rob them, MAYBE....just maybe...word will get out that next time you try to mess with whitey minnesotan could be your last. just like in other areas where firearms are plentiful. and i call them monkeys because of their primate behavior and comparable IQ level, not skin color. think any of these guys graduated high school?

just call me bernie goetz.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM

105 posts, read 478,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Right, and what I'm saying is the father SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING and the violence afterward would never have happened. Regardless of circumstances, I believe if you can avoid agressive confrontation you will leave unharmed.

So wait, you're in jail right now and they give you internet access there?
Are you serious. You have a sick and twisted view of the world. If he had grabbed my 12 year old daughters butt hed be the one in the hospital right now. I would have never given him the chance to call his friends.

Last edited by brian21; 07-18-2008 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Like I said in my first post, I need more details before I can pass final judgement on the situation. Alot of times the newspaper will release an article on something like this without enough information and then people start flying with assumptions. Take the Hispanic gal who allegedly crashed a van into a bus and killed some children. After that was released practically the entire state of Minnesota wanted to grab their pitchforks and torches and go hang her like a Salem witch....but it turns out she wasn't even driving the van. Point being, wait until you know the full story before you make your mad skamper to Walmart to buy more shot gun shells.
You should get your facts right
They had to use the jaws of life to get her out of the DRIVERS seat That Be otch should fry as well as the scumsuckers from Valley Fair......

Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 PM

481 posts, read 1,817,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd55113 View Post
This story should bring shame to every non-black person in Minnesota.
I'm going to assume this was a slip of the tongue, and you would also wanted blacks who weren't part of that assault to get involved as well, not just whites.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Why do all these "buy a gun" types tout this like it has ever made any sort of a significant impact in deterring crime?
It's my understanding that crime in Kennesaw (an Atlanta suburb not that far north from me) dropped significantly after that city passed an ordinance which required homeowners to keep a gun and ammunition on the premises (some exceptions were added later).

Old 07-18-2008, 02:30 PM

203 posts, read 512,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
First off, my heart goes out to the gentleman who was attacked while trying to defend his daughter...what is the world coming to, indeed, when a family fun outing turns into a shocking incident of urban brutality?

Secondly, I had to let my anger cool before posting...I'm not a fun guy to be around when I'm P.O.'d, and I don't want my fellow CD-ers to feel the brunt of my rage...

I'm a little on the fence about this---half of me stands in the corner of those that say 'get a gun and light those idiot gorillas up like it's New Year'...but that's my angry half talking...my other rational half is in support of those who think there are other ways of dealing with this beyond guns and violence...

But you have to consider the mentality (if you can call it that) of the guys that did it...if they had acted individually, the father could probably have cracked one in the mouth, then called police, and that would have been the end of it...but in the 'thug' world, you never act alone---you constantly walk the streets, or drive around, with a look on your face like somone whizzed in your Cheerios, bowing-up and acting 'bad' all the time and ---oh yeah--you can't leave home without your gun...it's like an extension of your penis, and it's absolutely vital when you're trying to intimidate someone who would more than likely beat the cowboy s**t out of you otherwise...and saggy pants, sideways ballcaps, fake gold teeth, and outrageous bling complete the 'uniform of the day'...

Here we are, on the cusp of a black man possibly ascending to the Presidency of the most powerful country in the free world, and these a**wipes choose to play 'my nuts are bigger than yours, I got a gun, and I got my homies wit' me' and go 5-or-6 on 1 against a middle-aged father in an amusement park...I really don't give a rat's a** what race the father was, it was STUPID, and it was WRONG, and whoever the trial judge is for these sissies needs to get really pissed and throw the damn book at them...

But the most frightening aspect of all this? Somewhere, right now, somebody is looking at this story and thinks that the thugs are someone to be admired---and that, my friends is truly scary

Yes, I feel the same way you do. I was disgusted hearing this story anyway, and then when I saw the pictures of the people who practically molested that girl, I grew extremely disgusted. It just makes me really mad, especially the fact that these perverts did this crime, YET, this is going to represent black men in America. We all have voices, yet the few who do crimes, are the ones who get people's attention across the country. If you are a black man, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you constantly get stereotyped, judged, pulled over just because you are a black man. It's not fair, but that's just how life works. People will automatically assume that I am going to have an attitude or be loud and disrespectful, but I'm actually somewhat quiet sometimes, and as people know in this forum, I can be a big baby too. So yeah. Please people, don't think of stereotypes as facts. Those are stereotypes. Remember to judge by the INDIVIDUALS actions only, not that similarities of their physical characteristics based on 48 million people in this United States.

And as for you jd55113, there is no reason to call anyone half evolved. Especially not an entire population. Logically, your calling Barack Obama, Oprah Winfery, Martin Luther King Jr., George Washington Carver, Rosa Parks, even me ( just threw some names out there), half evolved humans. That doesn't seem quite logical to me. Yes, there are some idiots out there, but don't blame the whole race for it. Instead of making another problem, learn ways to fix the current one. It's not that hard of a concept.

Last edited by jazzymentality; 07-18-2008 at 02:39 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 02:59 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You should get your facts right
They had to use the jaws of life to get her out of the DRIVERS seat That Be otch should fry as well as the scumsuckers from Valley Fair......
Dude, she didn't do anything.

http://wcco.com/crime/cottonwood.bus.crash.2.766470.html (broken link)

Old 07-18-2008, 04:25 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:

wcco.com - Witness Said He Picked Up Man From Bus Crash Scene (http://wcco.com/crime/cottonwood.bus.crash.2.766470.html - broken link)
Yea gave him a ride while the Rescue de[t. dug her out of the drivers seat. a 100 change of veneues won't save that illegal, identity stealing crack....

Old 07-18-2008, 04:32 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,062,786 times
Quote:

wcco.com - Witness Said He Picked Up Man From Bus Crash Scene (http://wcco.com/crime/cottonwood.bus.crash.2.766470.html - broken link)
Sorry Slig, but the story doesn't state that she didn't do anything.

BTW, it's kinda hard to argue that someone else was driving when that someone else was seen running away and you’re the only one left pinned behind the steering wheel when the rescue crews show up. Remember that it's the lawyer's JOB to try to get her off this charge.

I also find this statement interesting:

One of the witnesses, a co-worker of Sangabriel-Mendoza, told investigators he drove up to the accident after it occurred. He said Sangabriel-Mendoza asked him for a ride to Minneota, a town about 12 miles away.The witness didn't know if Franco's boyfriend may have been in the van and didn't ask any questions. At the time, he told investigators he was just trying to do "the Christian thing" and bring him out of the cold.

So this guy's co-worker sees him running away from a fatal car crash, but doesn't ask any questions. That's complete b.s.

Last edited by BlackOut; 07-18-2008 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Formatting

Old 07-18-2008, 05:16 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,832,223 times
Exclamation This thread NEEDS to get shut down IMMEDIATELY

There are way too many racial slurs getting thrown around on this thread which is UNACCEPTABLE, it is turning into a mob mentality where people wrongly think ithat it's ALRIGHT/ ACCEPTABLE to use racial slurs when everyone gets on the bandwagon of hate mongering - what, are you all from St. Francis or something? It was an altogether unfortunate incident. PERIOD. It does not mean anything, it was just another senseless act of violence like most acts of violence in America (and/or Iraq) are.

It's really unfortunate that you all wouldn't be so mad if these were white kids that beat up the dad. Do you remember just this spring in Coon Rapids when groups of white teenagers were going around town and brutally mugging/ violently beating people up on the streets? Where was your outrage then? I knew a person that was brutally murdered in a totally random act of violence in their rural, country home by a white man from another state, but despite the fact that the victim was a respected community leader, there were no outraged city data posts then.

You all talk about people at the scene that should be ashamed of themselves - many of you should be ashamed of yourselves as this thread is ridiculous.

Last edited by Camden Northsider; 07-18-2008 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul