Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 05:18 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,880 times

Advertisements

Are any of these districts any good?

Orono
Delano
Buffalo
Rockford

We see a lot about other ones but I rarely see these ones come up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 10:09 AM

501 posts, read 1,945,387 times
According to Schooldigger.com -- Search and compare elementary, middle, and high schools. they rank as so (out of 418 districts):

Orono: 11
Delano: 9
Buffalo: 94
Rockford: 140

The only thing I know from experience is that Orono has/had in 1999-2002 a kick-butt DECA team.

My guess for why they are rarely brought up on here...Buffalo and Rockford look like no big deal based upon these rankings, Delano is kinda "far out there" from Mpls and Orono is just a group of absolutely massive, gorgeous, expensive lake homes and no one has asked for those types of communities (at least since I've been a member).

Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Depends on what you mean by good and what you are looking for. Orono is definitely in a higher tax structure and more like the suburb districts and I would assume caters more to sports opportunities and extra-curriculars?

My kids and grandkids now are in Rockford. Smaller town, though bigger than when mine were small, but more personal I think, quite a few of the older teachers still there. Would assume Delano is about the same, as is Maple Lake, Annandale, etc. Buffalo is on the larger end as far as population and tax base for that area.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM

370 posts, read 902,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNative View Post
...and Orono is just a group of absolutely massive, gorgeous, expensive lake homes and no one has asked for those types of communities (at least since I've been a member).
Not entirely.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:41 PM

Default Hahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
You posted that today, Whatever! And besides, she didn't specifically state that she was looking for massive, gorgeous, and expensive lake homes...

Old 07-29-2008, 06:57 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,829,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNative View Post
...Delano is kinda "far out there" from Mpls ...
It's actually about the same distance from Minneapolis to Delano as it is from Minneapolis to Lakeville, MN...it justs feels longer as you take a scenic windy 2 lane highway through areas that aren't as developed. But with the reconstruction/expansion of Hwy 12 (not sure when that'll be completed), it'll probably take about the same amount of time to get back and forth to Minneapolis from Delano as it does to Lakeville (if not faster).

If I were ever looking in moving to an exurban area, my vote would go for the West Metro area.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden Northsider View Post
It's actually about the same distance from Minneapolis to Delano as it is from Minneapolis to Lakeville, MN...it justs feels longer as you take a scenic windy 2 lane highway through areas that aren't as developed. But with the reconstruction/expansion of Hwy 12 (not sure when that'll be completed), it'll probably take about the same amount of time to get back and forth to Minneapolis from Delano as it does to Lakeville (if not faster).

If I were ever looking in moving to an exurban area, my vote would go for the West Metro area.
Agreed.

Also, that's what I was getting at mostly; the feel of it being kinda "far out there". I've actually never been to Delano myself, but I once met someone who lives there and they love it...said they're kinda "booming" over there (this was a few years ago).

In a way I guess "far out there" is pretty relative. I know my sister, who lives in Bloomington (roughly Old Shakopee Rd and Normandale area), thinks our apt in Burnsville (roughly Cliff Rd and Hwy 13 area) is "far out there".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul