Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 08:30 PM

4 posts, read 14,244 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in June of 2010 in the Twin Cities. We just recently moved to the Twin Cities (I grew up here but still don't know several areas) and his family is from Madison,WI. We have a long time to look, but want to find a nice, affordable, unique place in the Eastern suburbs/St. Paul (don't want to make his family drive half way across the cities). Does anyone have any ideas on places to look? So far, we have several on our list including 2 golf courses, the Grand Banquet Hall in Stillwater, Science Museum in St. Paul, and the Eagan Community Center. We haven't looked at any of them except for a golf course. We drove by the Grand Banquet Hall and there didn't seem to be any parking around there. We don't want to make our guests try to find public parking in Stillwater, on a Sat. in the summer. Does anyone have any opinions on any of these places? Any advice/info would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 04:32 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
There are a couple larger public lots near the Grand in Stillwater. You could check to see if they have an agreement to block off those lots for weddings.

How large of a wedding are you having. The Historic Courthouse in Stillwater is a lovely place for a reception but it is on the smaller side. I think it holds 175 or so.

St. Michael's Church recently added a large reception hall. I think that is available for non-parishioners.

The Lowell Inn in Stillwater is also a popular reception venue. They have their own parking.

The Eagan Community Center is nice. It isn't a place that says "wedding reception" to me but I think they have several held there. It is easy to find, lots of parking, etc.

There is the William Sauntry Mansion in Stillwater too. Again, that will depend on size but they have a beautiful setting. It is a bed and breakfast on North 4th Street.

The Afton Inn would be an option too.

There are many golf courses that hold wedding receptions. I was just at a meeting at Southview Country Club in West St. Paul and that would be a good option. Again, it is easy to find, lots of parking, beautiful course for pictures. The staff was excellent.

Just a few ideas to start with.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,336 times
I recently got married at the Fort Snelling Chapel near the airport. It's a very nice, historic setting and holds about 250 people. Plenty of free parking onsite.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,317 times
My finance and I have scheduled our wedding at a site called Camrose Hill Farm near Stillwater. The owner runs a flower shop in Stillwater (with the same name) and grows many of the flowers at the site, which is a great spot for an outdoor site.

We're on a budget too, and find that they're not overly expensive.

[url]http://www.camrosehillflowers.com/farm.html[/url]
http://www.camrosehillflowers.com/farm (broken link)

Old 05-03-2009, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,051 times
My fiance and I are getting married in July 2010. We just moved to the Twin Cities too. And my family is from Madison, WI. We moved from Chicago, where the majority of his family is from. Well, we have been here in MN for a bit over a year now but we are still relatively new to the area and had trouble looking for a decent place too. After a quick visit to the Eagan Community Center, we decided that it would be the perfect place for us to get married. The Oaks banquet room rental on a Saturday is $1450, and it accommodates up to 350 guests. Included in that price is also full use of the beautiful patio overlooking a sparkling pond, where we will have our ceremony. We have always dreamed of having an outdoor ceremony, and the Eagan Community Center has beautiful grounds w/ a pond, fountain, wooden bridge, gazebo, statue, walking paths, and flowers. Another great thing about the ECC is that it is very close to the airport and that makes it convenient for our out-of-town guests. They also call all the local hotels for you to find the best deals, and block a number of rooms for you as requested. When the guests check in, they are greeted with welcome goodie bags and there is free shuttle service provided all evening from the Community Center to the hotels. For guests that are driving, there is plenty of free parking. If you have a chance, you should drive over there and take a look. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I can't wait to have my wedding here. =)

Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 PM

200 posts, read 600,560 times
Occasionally I hear about people having weddings at the Wabasha Street Caves in St Paul. I don't know how affordable it is, though.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 AM

3 posts, read 10,651 times
I would suggest the MN History Museum. One of my best friends was married there and the views and opportunities for outstanding photography is abudant.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:33 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,469,948 times
There's also the Landmark Center in downtown St Paul altho I imagine parking around there could be difficult. However, it's surrounded by quite a few hotels within walking distance. Another option is the James J Hill Library across the street Historic Wedding Locations in Minneapolis and St Paul, MN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul