Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 05:58 PM

77 posts, read 378,035 times

Advertisements

The title pretty much sums up the question. We are looking to buy a decent mattress- queen sized, for our guest bedroom. We don't want it to be totally uncomfortable, but as it will be a guest room bed, we don't want to spend a lot on it either. I have no idea where to buy mid priced mattresses here.

Thanks,
Brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 09:31 PM

138 posts, read 627,441 times
Go to Costco or Sam's. However, there's nothing like a good mattress for your life's enjoyment. You'll wake up refreshed and live a lot longer, too. Trust me.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:48 PM

638 posts, read 3,123,148 times
There used to be a lot of mattress stores around, such as Mattress Giant and the Mattress Liquidators Stores that had good cheap mattresses that were great for growing kids and guestroom beds. I think I still have 2 or 3 sets (mismatched) on the various beds in my house that I bought about 10 years ago that are still good. I know there are some mattress stores still around. Slumberland has mattresses too; go to their outlet center for better prices and be willing to buy mismatches for the best bargains there.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 PM

138 posts, read 627,441 times
If you really want to get local, try a Select Comfort mattress. Their head quarters are in Plymouth, MN. Buy local! Now more than ever!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
We bought a cheep mattress from mattress liquidators several years ago for our guest room and we always here how comfortable it is--go figure. It is queen sized and I think we paid around $100 for it.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:00 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the suggestions - I'm going to look ito it. Golfgal- what is a mattress liquidators? Do they sell used mattresses? Do you have any suggestions about where to find mattress liquidators? Yellow pages?

Brad

Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhdavis1978 View Post
Hi everyone, thanks for the suggestions - I'm going to look ito it. Golfgal- what is a mattress liquidators? Do they sell used mattresses? Do you have any suggestions about where to find mattress liquidators? Yellow pages?

Brad
Mattress Value Locations Page

We got our's at the West St. Paul store. It is a cheep nothing mattress but is is really comfortable.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM

Thanks a lot golfgal, I'll try to check them out tonight or this weekend - I really appreciate it.
Cheers,
Brad

Old 09-26-2008, 02:16 PM

56 posts, read 244,583 times
Default How about restwell mattress

How about this Restwell Mattress. Anyone tried? I am thinking to buy from them.

Which kind of mattress are you looking? Spring Coiled? Memory Foam? Latex? Water Bed? I am looking for a memory foam?

Has any one tried pillow top memory foam mattress from overstock.com? I am kind of feeling not to buy it online.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:58 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,400,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie Hoholik View Post
If you really want to get local, try a Select Comfort mattress. Their head quarters are in Plymouth, MN. Buy local! Now more than ever!
Does Select Comfort have a factory here that makes their Sleep Number beds, or does local mean "made in China"? Just curious, I didn't know they were a MN company.

Does anyone have any opinions on the "Original Mattress Factory". Their commercials have always intrigued me since they say they make all of their mattresses locally and they "eliminate the middle man" to save you money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul