Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:25 PM

53 posts, read 151,581 times

Advertisements

All this talk has me excited to move back to MN! I've been living away from home for the past 4 years. I've loved everywhere I've been, but Omaha just isn't gonna cut it forever. The Twin Cities are calling me.

I've never been to the Seattle side of WA, but I have spent some time in Spokane. I loved the scenery. It's got everything MN has, plus some mountains I would definitely go back there to visit, but I think only that. It is a bit too isolated for me, and I've heard rumors about the population that it would be unfair to repeat, since I never experienced any of it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,069 times
Default moving from California

I have moved from Southern California to Eden Prairie which is neighboring city to bloomington. Bloomington has more established neighborhoods and some older homes. Its been an adjustment, but to my surprise we are liking the change from California. People are very friendly, they have good restaurants and everything is very close. We always say when people ask how far something is, we say "20 minutes" Compared to California there is NO traffic. Its funny to watch the news and hear the traffic report, easy job, never much traffic here. If we could bring the weather from California here it would be great. You have to look at the positive with anywhere you move from, or you will not be happy.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:35 AM

31 posts, read 101,427 times
I know a thing or two about Bloomington. We used to be home to the Minnesota Twins, Vikings and North Stars.
I must defend "East Bloomington", which is where I live. I did not buy a house in east Bloomington because the "West side" is that much more. Contrary to some previous posts this part of the city is not a slum.

And of course Bloomington can get cold. That's what happens in winter all over the northern hemisphere. But even in the middle of January we can (and have) hit 60 degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul