Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 06:48 AM

17 posts, read 88,602 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are considering a Minneapolis move, and I heard there are some montessori schools that are part of the public school system, which would be great for us, since they cost a fortune where we are now. Does anyone have any information about these public montessori schools? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 PM

1,936 posts, read 5,832,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfix99 View Post
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are considering a Minneapolis move, and I heard there are some montessori schools that are part of the public school system, which would be great for us, since they cost a fortune where we are now. Does anyone have any information about these public montessori schools? Thanks.
Here are a couple:

Home

Park View Montessori Magnet (http://parkview.mpls.k12.mn.us/de9766b4-dc04-40ba-9f1c-a777b263e935.html - broken link)

Welcome to Seward Montessori School

And just to note, in addition to these, there are a number of great community elementary schools throughout Minneapolis.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 7,994 times
Hello,
I figured I would let you know about what school my kiddos go to. It is a free public Montessori in Forest Lake, MN. I LOVE it. Forest Lake is a city just north of Mpls. /St. Paul. It is an easy commute to either city. If you are interested check out their website: cm.forestlake.k12.mn.us

We moved to the cities 9 years ago from Phoenix, AZ. We ended up in Forest Lake and love it! Lots to do And more affordable than Mpls.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:29 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
Armatage (Minneapolis Public School) has a very well-regarded montessori program; so, too, does Seward. (I don't know anything about Park View as listed above, but I'm sure it's great, too. MPS has a long established history with Montessori) I'm not up on the current admission information, but I think it can be tough to get a spot (not impossible by any means, just no guarantees) since they're magnet programs and get applicants from around the city. You might be able to get a guaranteed space if you live in the neighborhood, though; either someone else can answer that or you can find out on the MPS website, and that would certainly be something to consider during your search for a home. The neighborhoods around both schools are very different, but both have something to offer families. It seems like nearly every house in the neighborhood around Armatage has young kids.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:00 AM

24 posts, read 60,389 times
My child went to Seward for 7 years, grade 1-8 (it is K-8), and as far as MPS go, it's ok, but he had some weird teachers, like a math teacher who told me (in response to my concern) 'he's doing ok', me: how do you know? him:"i just know" me: "but how?" him:"how does anyone know anything?"
or to another math teacher to my concern (after I had him switched from math teacher #1) "I just dont have time to help English-speaking students, I have to help the ESL students". Or to the science teacher he had 1x week for 3 years, in response to a call/inquiry I made, "Chad who?", ect ect, and no amount of talking to the (non) Principal did any good at all. Just another overloaded MPS school. But my child liked it for the most part, the other kids are nice. The instruction is medium-minimal, and individual instruction is NONE, they rely on self learning alot, and small groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul