Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Thats pretty slow, actually. There tends to be more activity during the summertime, but even still it doesnt represent your statement of Minneapolis being RAMPANT WITH CRIME. I dont think Victory has seen any dramatic increase if you compare that data to the last years worth of reported crimes...its still dramatically low.

Most of the incidents that take place in the 4th precinct tend to be in Plymouth/Lowry/Penn/Lyndale area.
True. The reports are talking about one section of Mpls. There are other areas, better areas. Besides, Mpls isn't nearly as dangerous as places like KC, Atlanta, St. Louis, Cleveland, and many other cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 AM

987 posts, read 3,810,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridian View Post
My best defense against crime is to own crap that nobody would want to steal. At least, that's what I keep telling myself...
I wish someone would steal my old snowblower actually. Lousy POS 15 years old taking up room. I keep telling myself I'm gonna get it fixed one day.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:41 AM

1,934 posts, read 5,813,916 times
Quote:
My best defense against crime is to own crap that nobody would want to steal. At least, that's what I keep telling myself...
Me too, but then someone jacked my then 17 year old Buick parked on the street in Uptown a few years back, but that probably says more about my own luck- I somehow wasn't surprised that I owned a car that studies have shown is the least likely to be stolen of any car in America (and was 17 years old to boot), had it parked right underneath a streetlight alongside dozens of much nicer cars, and somehow mine was the one targeted for grand theft .

Old 01-07-2009, 01:39 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
That won't work. There are such things as petty thieves. As for owning stuff, sometimes it is a good thing to own good quality things. They last longer so you'll have to buy less of it. A way to keep it from getting stolen is to secure it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul