Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM

21 posts, read 98,857 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have preschool recs in St. Louis Park? We are moving from Austin, TX, where my 3 year old attends a Montessori preschool. Montessori recs would be ideal, but really I just want a warm, nurturing, quality environment. I have found a few online, but would appreciate any direct information. Also, what can we expect to pay? Right now we pay $870/month. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM

701 posts, read 1,709,199 times
St. Peter's Lutheran School is close by in Edina (54th & France). They have a variety of options--traditional morning preschool (2, 3, or 5-day), all-day or you can do blocks of time to fit your schedule. I've had a child in the traditional classroom for the last four years (2 different kids) and we couldn't be happier.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:24 AM

56 posts, read 244,641 times
Default Lousiana Avenue

There is a public school at the intersection of Highway 7 and Louisiana avenue. I heard they are very good and heard from my friends that the kids felt safer and enjoyed their time. I dont have any idea about Montessori. Also check out Eisenhower elementary school website on highway 7. I know it has lot of diversion and they have many options. And other options would be to search for something in Minnetonka area.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 AM

27 posts, read 37,602 times
I live in Edina, adjacent to St. L Pk. People here RAVE about Golden Years Montessori. My daughter was in Edina Montessori and it was a good experience for us. You should be aware that you can "open enroll" to have your children in any school district. Wait lists are typical so get started on long range planning! Minnesota schools have half-day Kindergarten, but offer full day (you pay) options. Check out the local district websites for overviews.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 PM

15 posts, read 51,660 times
Gina, my three-year-old daughter goes to a FANTASTIC little Montessori preschool called Little Flowers. It's on Minnetonka Blvd. right off of Highway 100. We are so happy with the teachers and the curriculum and the whole experience. Please check it out! The prices are very reasonable. We pay $775 a month for the regular day (8:30-3:30), and I don't remember what the extended day program costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul