Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:57 AM

86 posts, read 481,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
I dont buy the taxi half a block story.

Don't ask questions of PEOPLE WHO KNOW the area if you are going to discredit their responses. Maybe you should stay in uptown; the neighborhood is better off without arrogant transients looking to "live on the edge".

To the poster below Nick:

This guy gets robbed on the way home from the liquor store EVERY SINGLE TIME! It's not like the area is that bad, but he was made a target and that is why he has to take a taxi or get a ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNorthSide View Post

Don't ask questions of PEOPLE WHO KNOW the area if you are going to discredit their responses. Maybe you should stay in uptown; the neighborhood is better off without arrogant transients looking to "live on the edge".

To the poster below Nick:

This guy gets robbed on the way home from the liquor store EVERY SINGLE TIME! It's not like the area is that bad, but he was made a target and that is why he has to take a taxi or get a ride.
Like I said before, in the last two years I've walked down that stretch of road at least a hundred times between 5pm-10pm and I've NEVER seen anything suspicious going on. I concur with Nick that the story seems a bit farfetched. Also, as I recall Nick doesn't live in uptown, he lives in north Minneapolis. If you ask me, telling someone to stay out of Cedar-Riverside and stay in north Minneapolis is oxymoronic.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
If you ask me, telling someone to stay out of Cedar-Riverside and stay in north Minneapolis is oxymoronic.
You obviously don't understand what oxymoronic means.

oxymoronic - definition of oxymoronic by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I've walked down that stretch of road at least a hundred times between 5pm-10pm and I've NEVER seen anything suspicious going on.

That right there is enough to dismiss your opinion on grounds of ignorance.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 PM

I'm aware which is why I said "oxy-moronic" instead of "oxymoron." It was a play on words...good catch though.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM

Oh I see - very clever

Old 02-20-2009, 12:08 PM

Stay safe my man.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:46 PM

80 posts, read 237,055 times
I think it's an interesting place to hang out, but I'd never live there. I don't feel too safe when I walk/bike around there. Although I have to say that there are a few bars where I would like to play. I think though the Triple Rock is becoming too expensive.

Old 03-04-2020, 11:57 AM

147 posts, read 143,246 times
How is Cedar Riverside in 2020?

I am considering moving to the area but one of the things that frustrates me about the neighborhood is the lack of parking. Personally, I feel that I myself would be okay but I'm worried about people who'd want to visit me.

It seems that you really need a permit if you want to park on the street anywhere in the neighborhood before 10pm. How true is this? I like to entertain friends. While I have friends that live in Minneapolis, most will drive as their bikes are put away for the winter. It feels like even Uptown has a better parking situation than Cedar/Riverside, and that's saying a lot!

Old 03-04-2020, 12:18 PM

I don’t spend alot of time there anymore but I would say that probably not much has changed there since this topic was created over 10 years ago. The Triple Rock is gone but the other places discussed (Palmers Bar, The Hard Times Cafe, the Nomad, Midwest Mountaineering, Red Sea, etc.) all still remain.

Parking there is challenging. It is probably the biggest reason we don’t go there often.

Old 03-05-2020, 01:46 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
With the 400 Bar gone....what's the point? No Jackknife and Sharps, no Papa John.
Once staggered from the 400 to Palmer's, opened the door and 2 cops were beating the crap out of some guy and said, "Get Out!" OK, the Viking will be fine.
God I'm old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul