Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:20 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,084,899 times

Advertisements

I am living in GA right now and to say the least, employment prospects down here are not promising. I am considering a temporary move to Mpls because I need to save some maney. I have family in Mpls so finding a place to stay isn't my biggest worry. My big worry is finding a job and the flexability of it. I do telemarketing now and the pay is pitiful. I am considering being a bank teller for now. If I do choose to make the move, I am considering a temporary move because I still have some things I want to finish in GA before I move away from GA permanently.
Would it be possible to get a job in Minneapolis and work for a few months in Mpls then transfer back to GA? The reason I ask is because I need to return to GA for school, then graduate and move away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 02:32 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,274,676 times
Minnesota banks are doing fairly well. I looked online and Wells Fargo has 120 open positions, US Bank has 122 and TCF has 61. Go to the corporate websites and you can apply online.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Minnesota banks are doing fairly well. I looked online and Wells Fargo has 120 open positions, US Bank has 122 and TCF has 61. Go to the corporate websites and you can apply online.
I'm going to give it a try. Right now everything is up in the air and I have to do something.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:47 PM

The one thing that is scaing me is the required experience. If I could find a job that didn't require alot of experience, I would not have as much trouble.

As for the weather, bring it on.

I am at the point where I might just have to go home and live with my parents because I don't have any money for a plane ticket or anything else(I am typing this post from my workplace which doesn't pay very well.). Hopefully I can find a way to relocate to Mpls.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:02 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,968,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
The one thing that is scaing me is the required experience. If I could find a job that didn't require alot of experience, I would not have as much trouble.
Sometimes the experience requirement (as stated in a job posting) is just wishful thinking. It's probably worth it to apply anyway.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 PM

394 posts, read 1,513,327 times
Im a bank teller.

I got the job no problem

Wellsfargo.com/careers

easy. Simple. If you can dress well, speak well, and are outgoing- nO problem.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0402 View Post
Im a bank teller.

I got the job no problem

Wellsfargo.com/careers

easy. Simple. If you can dress well, speak well, and are outgoing- nO problem.
I can always dress well. People tell me I speak well. Outgoing, well, I'll work on that.

My only questions are: Did you have any experience and how did you get the job?

Old 01-22-2009, 05:51 PM

i have a bachelors in economics. and applied. called the store like 2 days later and scheduled an interview. then dress

Old 01-22-2009, 06:08 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,737,154 times
I have a friend who got a job thru wells fargo as a teller, eventually transferred to a downtown job, and then got another promotion thereafter. She has been working for them maybe 3 years and has been promoted three times. My brothers ex worked for them too and made very nice money.

US Bank is another one thats supposed to be good. They steered clear of subprime lending altogether so from my understanding they're doing quite well.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
I have a friend who got a job thru wells fargo as a teller, eventually transferred to a downtown job, and then got another promotion thereafter. She has been working for them maybe 3 years and has been promoted three times. My brothers ex worked for them too and made very nice money.

US Bank is another one thats supposed to be good. They steered clear of subprime lending altogether so from my understanding they're doing quite well.

That's cool.

Wells Is great. THey breed their employees. They actually have a path to career success that says be a Teller for 6-24 months, then a lead teller, then a manager, then just keep climbing. the benefits are great, PTO, and everything.

Plus wells is the newest most strongest bank in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul