Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of taking my wife to Stillwater for the day on Valentine's day. How is the Saint Croix river looking right now? Is it frozen or is it running? If it's frozen solid I might wait until things are a little prettier to go there. Also, what would be some good restaurants to check out there? I'm looking for something interesting and modestly priced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 AM

989 posts, read 2,960,660 times
Pretty frozen still. Here are a few things to check. Menus are online, so you can decide if they are what you are looking for.

Luna Rossa Wine Bar (Stillwater, MN) - Italian

Welcome to Stone's Restaurant and Lounge - more towards the high end, but you could get out for a cnote probably.

Savories Europeon Bistro - euro

Phil's Tara Hideaway - not right downtown, but nice

Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Crap, I figured it would be. I guess I'll add it to the list of things to do when the weather is nice.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:05 PM

114 posts, read 535,180 times
Default Slig, you're the man!

Wow, Slig. You are one thoughtful man to care about how the river is looking, so as to make your wife happy when you take her to Stillwater. Gosh, I loved reading that. What a nice thing to do for someone you love!

Err, you weren't checking because you were considering pushing her in to the river, to be sucked away by the currents, and with a frozen river she might survive, were you?

Mari (who found it reallly refreshing to read your post and know that someone cared so much about his wife. You are the man!)

Old 02-16-2009, 04:53 PM

Ha, we ended up spending the day at the Mall of America to avoid the cold. We ate at Twin Cities Grill (good food by the way). The unfortunate thing is we both woke up Sunday sick as dogs! It might be wise to take some airbourne before going there. Lots of people = lots of contagious illness!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:19 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Ha, we ended up spending the day at the Mall of America to avoid the cold. We ate at Twin Cities Grill (good food by the way). The unfortunate thing is we both woke up Sunday sick as dogs! It might be wise to take some airbourne before going there. Lots of people = lots of contagious illness!
What was going on at the Mall on Saturday? Was there a book signing or some attraction? We drove by the Mall and all of the ramps off Cedar and 494 were backed up quite a way-it looked like the weekend before Christmas.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:32 PM

We saw a bunch of chairs set up on the first level but I didn't see what was going on. The Mall was definitely packed though. Our wait to be seated was 45 minutes and I know for a fact it would've been longer at Bubba Gumps and a few of the other restaurants.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
What was going on at the Mall on Saturday? Was there a book signing or some attraction? We drove by the Mall and all of the ramps off Cedar and 494 were backed up quite a way-it looked like the weekend before Christmas.
The Mall was also a zoo on Sunday. I am guessing they had some President's Day sales. We went to that water park hotel a block away and stayed the night. The hotel was sold out and the rooms were fetching $200 plus a night (double).

It took me 10 minutes just to circle the mall. I concluded it was not worth the effort.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:56 AM

501 posts, read 1,945,175 times
We ran into the same traffic troubles. We tried to get to Ikea and back (to Edina) and it took us FOREVER because of all the traffic coming out of the Mall. Plus I'm sure it didn't help that 35 was closed off...

Old 03-20-2009, 07:47 PM

679 posts, read 1,802,072 times
Anyone reading this thread might want to know Stone's is closed for business... If you do end up heading out here I would highly recommend Smalley's Carribbean Barbecue & Pirate Bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul