Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:23 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times

Advertisements

Why are the majority of people named Kevin annoying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Why are the majority of people named Kevin annoying?
It's likely some kind of twisted defense mechanism to subconsciously compensate for their inability to know that they are not very well liked by the rest of society. That's what my two dogs told me anyways, they heard it from a couple of their friends that live two houses down the block. There is some human that lives between them that insists on pushing his lawnmower around all hours of the day and night yelling to himself.

Last edited by Ghengis; 03-18-2009 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: to bother Kevin

Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 AM

9 posts, read 16,202 times
Where to start,,,? Well first you most certainly are right, K411 in that dog owners are responsable for their dogs behavior. As for your poo-bag coments,,, I take it as a means of your trying to remedy the mindless offenses you have had to endure. Though not a very good one. As in you have been been wronged and just trying to take a dig back.
Yet regardless, the point is that unless a dog is a police or licenced gaurd dog a dog should NEVER EVER be allowed to bark at a human being nor have to be endured by any with in ear-shot PERIOD. It does NOT mater what so ever the excuse, it is wrong period. It is plain and simple, it is robbing this man and or any other such of his/their basic human rights.
And it is up to all area PD's to enforce such.
As in when-ever such does occur the dog-owner should be given a steep fine of which a large portion of should be alligated to the offended or wronged upon person. This would be a simple and quick cure for so called don't hear or notice it drone-ings. Just like how steep fines and consequences are for driving offense's are.
Of which if speeding tickets were only a simple 5-20.00 fine w/o any other consaquences of higher insurance and or a record what would many care of how they drove?
Also just the same to say dog owners are discriminated upon is the same as saying drunk drivers and or any other careless mindless driving conduct are being disciminated upon. Or that vandalizers or thieves are for stealing or destroying anothers property.
Like dah property owners have the right to and more so the responsability to be faithful stewards of what they have.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:37 AM

9 posts, read 16,202 times
And also I would like to add that I do NOT think there are bad dogs but I think and know that there are many many lost and bad people that just as all do, need to take responsabilty for their choices.
In fact I love seeing how the Lord's majesty, humor and love is expressed through such part of His creation. For HIS word says that all these critters were created for man/us to enjoy.
It was such a joy and delite to see our beloved beagle come bounding for us and his big aaaa-roooo aaa-roooo's. Of which if allowed to, his nature was or would of been to do a harsh bark aa-roo over and over at any and every passer by and all with in ear-shot for if you didn't completely abandon your life to give him attention then you were deemed as breathing his air. Thus in his beagle mind it was his job to let you know it untill he found something better to do. And thus he would of continued to do so if not for I/us and same for any other owner to show them other-wise.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:26 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
This thread is from 2009
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul