U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM

31 posts, read 110,591 times

Advertisements

Looking at homes in South Saint Paul in the Kaposia park area. Seems like a nice quiet neighborhood area. Anyone have any input as to the area at all? How's the crime rate? Does it seem to be on a trend of getting better or worse or staying the same? Is it a pretty neighborly area, like do people often actually get to know their neighbors? I've heard Saint Paul in general tends to be a bit more neighborly and I moved from Small Town minnesota where you actually knew and talked to your neighbors. The problem I've had with the Areas that I've lived in is that it seems difficult to get to know people in your immediate community. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 05:35 PM

20,793 posts, read 58,872,245 times
Generally the northern side of South St. Paul is a nice area, the Kaposia park area is fine. As for neighbors getting to know each other, that really varies from neighborhood to neighborhood but it could be something your realtor could ask the current owners. If you need to consider school quality you might want to look elsewhere or consider open enrollment into the Mendota Heights/West St. Paul district just down the road.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 AM

Thanks for the response Yeah school quality isnt really an issue, no kids & no plans for any either. Mostly lookin for a nice safe boring neighborhood to relax in and enjoy each others company. Any recommendations on must visit restaurants in the area? Would especially like to know if theres any real good Italian places? Ice Cream / Malt Shops? Or how about offbeat ethnic places like German, Korean, Japanese anything different then the typical Chinese, Mexican, or American food? Even recommendations outside of South Saint Paul are appreciated.

I used to love China Town when I lived in Joliet Illinois, and there was a ton of different places that served non americanized cuisine. I have had very little luck finding anything in the Twin Cities without actually going into Minneapolis or Saint Paul. I don't have a problem going into town per se but any insight into the immediate area of South Saint Paul or immediately adjacent cities is greatly appreciated as well

Thanks in advance

Old 04-01-2009, 05:07 PM

20,793 posts, read 58,872,245 times
Cosetta's in St. Paul is a great Italian place. There used to be a fun ice cream place on Grand Ave in St. Paul but I don't know if it is still there. There are some REAL Mexican places on the West side of St. Paul but only about a mile or so from where you are looking. There are many ethnic places to eat around the metro. There are a couple German places, one in Minneapolis and one out by Stillwater that are fun too.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:36 AM

thank you very much ill have to check some of those out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul