Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 PM

481 posts, read 1,816,876 times

Advertisements

Its one of my routes I take to work. Sometimes its smooth sailing, but every once in a while that exit is backed up and it spills over onto 394 - its taken me 20 minutes sometimes to clear through it. I have not seen any consistency to it; its totally random so I doubt its construction.

My other route has me taking the 3rd street exit and running through downtown before picking up 394 - not quite as fast but it is much more consistant and reliable, and not as scary with all the lane weaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 07:01 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,671,924 times
ERROR: does not compute...

You're going from where, to where? What downtown exit spills onto 394? The only way I know for you to get directly from EB 94 to 11th St. is via helicopter.

If you're wondering about the 11th street exit from WESTbound 94, it depends on the time of day. In the morning, I'd imagine the convention center is an issue, especially if there's a big show with a lot of trucks loading and unloading (a line of semis sometimes takes up a lane on 3rd Ave and around the corner on 16th street), and in the evenings, orchestra hall is an issue just before and especially after concerts.

And if the computer that coordinates the timing on all 800 or so traffic lights in Minneapolis ever goes down, like it did yesterday, that plain sucks. (Of course, that causes problems all over the city, not just 11th St.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul