Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 PM

60 posts, read 121,537 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm wondering how feasible is it to live in this area with just an associates degree? How about jobs?

I've lived in Northern Virginia all my life and the cost of living here is pretty high. How easy is it to find studio apartments in the twin cities that rent for under 700?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 AM

10,629 posts, read 26,634,547 times
You can easily find a studio apartment in a decent area for under $700.

It's a bad time to be moving from NOVA, though; while the job market in MN is not as bad as many parts of the country, it is worse than the DC area. If you currently have a job there I wouldn't leave it, at least not right now. Or, at the very least, don't move to MN until you have a job lined up in advance. Unfortunately that can be difficult to do - MN jobs often seem to specify "local candidates only" - but give it a shot and make clear that you're willing to pay your own relocation expenses.

I think your chance of getting a job with just an AA are going to depend on your field and how much experience you have.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 PM

355 posts, read 2,397,969 times
I couldn't agree more. It's very hard to find a job here in this economy & I wouldn't have moved back home here without a job if I could've helped it. My AA degree hasn't done any good for me. I guess it does depend on whether it is just a general degree or something specific. Personally, I think the cost of living here-especially for apartments-is very high, too. Good luck to you.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:43 PM

64 posts, read 222,248 times
I pay $700 a month for an average sized 2 bedroom apartment in Roseville. I would put it in the "average apartment" category. Not fancy nice, but not Ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul