Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times

Advertisements

I will be moving up to Minneapolis either in late July or early August to start classes at The U in September. I will be splitting an apartment with two others who go to school at St. Thomas so ideally we'd like an apartment between the two schools. If we could get a place along Mississippi River Blvd. that would be FANTASTIC!!!

The trouble is, it's been kinda hard to find anything online for that area. I've looked on Craigslist and Rent.com but it seems like everything is somewhat overpicked or down in Highland which would be a hard commute for me. I'd settle for something along Grand Ave. or even as far east as Ayd Mill Rd. but if I could get closer to the two schools that would be great.

I guess my question is: Is there some unknown website just for apartments on Saint Paul's Westside or can anyone suggest a great apartment in the area? A 3 bedroom/2 bathroom would be ideal but we'd settle for a 2 bedroom as well (makes rent all the cheaper ).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
I don't have any suggestions for websites, you might have better luck just driving around in the desired area and looking for "for rent" signs or ask around. You mention the westside of St. Paul. Just so you don't confused yourself, the actual Westside of St. Paul isn't close to either the U of M or St. Thomas, it is actually the south central portion of the city on the west side of the Mississippi River. You'd be looking more at the St. Anthony, Como, Merriam Park and Hamline Midway areas.

St. Paul neighborhood map: About.com: http://www.stpaul.gov/DocumentView.asp?DID=5055

Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,037 times
We have a couple of apartment communities that may fit your needs!
The first one is located at 215 South Dunlap Street which is located approx. 3 blocks south of Grand Avenue on Lexington (next to Ayd Mill Road). This property has a 2 bedroom for $785 (includes heat, water/sewer & trash). It is also on a bus line if that is important to you!

The other one is located at 1399 Portland Avenue. It is located just north of Grand or Summit Avenue on Snelling Avenue. This is a charming turn-of-the-century brownstone building with 9' ceilings, hardwood floors and private entrances. This property has a 2 bedroom for $895. It is located near a bus line (just a couple of blocks away - short walk).

We are a professional property management company located in St.Paul. You can check out our web site if you would like at www.midcontinentmgmt.com. These properties are featured there. You can also call me or email me to discuss more. My name is Angie and you can reach me at #651-602-7085 or afleming@midcontinentmgmt.com.

Hope to hear from you. Good luck with your move and school year!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:49 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times
Angie those sound like they'd work out pretty well. I'd like to stay around Grand Avenue yet still have a quick commute to The U. Would you be able to rent a 2 bedroom to 3 people? Sorry mods, I should probably take this to DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul