Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 AM

75 posts, read 477,337 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We're looking a tmoving to the Minneapolis area. We like the suburbs for family areas. Our jobs are in the tech filed so most likely we'll be working in Eden Prairie, Bloomington or downtown.

I've been looking at realtor.com and edinarealty.com for houses. Nice homes but all older. As a comparison I'd like to see some new homes and possibly things 5 to 10 years old. Where can I find that for Eden Prairie, Edina, St Louis Park, Rosemount?....

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 09:27 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,055,047 times
Go into your RE search engine and specify the age of the homes you want to see. I believe you can pick 5yrs or less. Check out ziprealty.com too. Great capabilities on that site.

You are looking for homes in older well established areas of town. The majority of what is available will be older homes.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,342,615 times
There are many new and newer homes in your search area. I agree with Yellowsnow to search specifically for homes 5 years and newer. Edina and St. Louis Park aren't going to have many new homes as compared to Eden Prairie and Rosemount. Off the top of my head I can think of probably 50 homes forsale in Rosemount that are under 5 years old and that is just from driving around town.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 AM

8 posts, read 31,648 times
Above is the best real estate search for the area. If your in the tech field, I am not going to explain how to effectively use it. I have found that the newer homes come in above $400K. I would say closer to $550K depending on how much room you need. Plymouth (Wayzata School District) comes highly recommended by word-of-mouth. If you don't mind remodeling you can by a rambler in a good location and spend $100K+ to remodel it. I am looking for a community with a vibrant downtown area. Let me know if you find it. I am fending off a job offer right now looking for a good lifestyle match.

The income tax for the state is 7.5% and the property tax is lower than Wisconsin (in some areas). The sales tax in Hennepin County is pretty high too. I consider all these items when purchasing a new home. I am originally from a state with one of the lowest costs of living in the country so I am sensitive to the tax rate.

hsb

Last edited by golfgal; 04-11-2007 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: removed advertising link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul