Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:56 PM

207 posts, read 798,541 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any good stores in Minneapolis that sell a wide range of good quality kitchenware/cookware at decent/discount prices? I'm looking for very basic items, but I want to do all my shopping in one place if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 PM

13 posts, read 45,126 times
Target, IKEA, and maybe some items at Crate & Barrel

Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNdude View Post
Target, IKEA, and maybe some items at Crate & Barrel
I'm not sure about Target or Crate & Barrel but I know that IKEA is not the place to go for quality kitchen items...I want stuff that is sturdy and will last, not rust, etc...

Old 07-18-2009, 12:38 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,729,919 times
Kitchen Window in Calhoun Square (Hennepin and Lake) is a great store, and certainly carries quality items (Crate and Barrel does, too, for that matter). Kitchen Window isn't a discount place, though, but they sometimes have good sales. They'll almost certainly have everything you need - it's a big store, and will soon be moving into an even larger space (also in Calhoun Square, which is undergoing massive renovations) I know there are restaurant supplies stores around, but unfortunately I don't have the names of any specific places to pass along.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 AM

Ooooh, I visited the Kitchen Window website. I wish I could go there now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
Kitchen Window in Calhoun Square (Hennepin and Lake) is a great store, and certainly carries quality items (Crate and Barrel does, too, for that matter). Kitchen Window isn't a discount place, though, but they sometimes have good sales. They'll almost certainly have everything you need - it's a big store, and will soon be moving into an even larger space (also in Calhoun Square, which is undergoing massive renovations) I know there are restaurant supplies stores around, but unfortunately I don't have the names of any specific places to pass along.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:52 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
I can think of two high quality kitchenware stores off the top of my head. There is one on the 3rd story of the Mall of America and there's one in downtown Stillwater. I couldn't tell you the name of either store or if the prices were discounted or not.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:54 AM

13 posts, read 45,126 times
In the 50th and France area they have two stores: Cooks of Crocus Hill & Sur La Table

Old 07-18-2009, 01:29 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,442 times
Let's Cook! at 4th & East Hennepin not only has cooking classes but they sell kitchenware too. And you can always go to a Williams-Sonoma (4 locations in the Twin Cities).

Old 07-18-2009, 10:25 PM

987 posts, read 3,818,169 times
What are you looking for? You never get good deals unless you keep looking. For the most part you're better off going to a restaurant supply store. A couple of good aluminum skillets, one good nonstick egg pan, a big 8qt pot, and you're pretty much set.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
What are you looking for? You never get good deals unless you keep looking. For the most part you're better off going to a restaurant supply store. A couple of good aluminum skillets, one good nonstick egg pan, a big 8qt pot, and you're pretty much set.
Well, here's the thing I have to balance two priorities: saving time and saving money...gotta get the shopping done fast but I don't want to be reckless in my spending.

I did some more searching and heard this is a great restaurant supply store: Hockenbergs Food Service Equipment & Supply Company - Hockenbergs.com

It also has dishware. Kitchen Window doesn't seem to have plates, cups, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul