Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:24 PM

117 posts, read 376,134 times

Advertisements

Racially tinged assaults in Brooklyn Park land 3 white suspects in jail | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/local/61452677.html?elr=KArksCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiacyKU7D YaGEP7vDEh7PiUs - broken link)

What a disgusting story about some disgusting punks. I hope these sorry excuses for men get what they deserve in jail! The community should rally against these nazi scumbags coming into our city to prey on people of color. I would love to organize an anti-hate rally in response to these actions.

Charged today in the attacks early Wednesday on are Anthony P. Kilpela, 3612 43rd Ave S Minneapolis MN 55406, and Bryan C. Westerlund, both 21 of Minneapolis. Police Capt. Greg Roehl said another man is being sought. An 18-year-old woman in the group was arrested with the others but has not been charged is no longer in jail.

It says that these men attacked the 2 victims yelling racial epithats, wielding a handgun and an axe and made their victims strip naked while getting assaulted. One man was a special needs/vulnerable adult with the mental capacity of an 8-10 year old. The group also made death threats towards the Obama's.

This makes me so mad and I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in my community!

Old 09-25-2009, 03:48 PM

77 posts, read 304,475 times
would it still be a considered a hate crime if 3 black guys in BP robbed and beat up some white people while calling them crackers and peckerwoods? and before you all get your panties in a knot, remember that it was a question, not a statement.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:07 PM

117 posts, read 376,134 times
Hell yeah it would be just the same..whoopsie, I dont wear panties as I am not a female..how is your thong doing though?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:47 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,281,695 times
That Westerlund guy sounds like a real winner. Besides this incident he has been arrested on two other occasions for terroristic threats and attempted burglary.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:57 PM

10,629 posts, read 26,629,167 times
It also said a couple of years ago he (Westerlund) stood outside of several womens' bedrooms and "implored...women to have sex with him," and got so far putting his hands into the windows. The people of BP (and the metro area as a whole) are definitely better off with this guy off the streets.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:32 PM

6,615 posts, read 16,496,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopsie goldburg View Post
would it still be a considered a hate crime if 3 black guys in BP robbed and beat up some white people while calling them crackers and peckerwoods? and before you all get your panties in a knot, remember that it was a question, not a statement.
Hate crime or not, I have no more patience for Black thugs than I do for these white POSs. Violence is violence. We should not tolerate it in any community from any race or ethnic group.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:57 AM

200 posts, read 598,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Hate crime or not, I have no more patience for Black thugs than I do for these white POSs. Violence is violence. We should not tolerate it in any community from any race or ethnic group.
My feelings exactly.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 AM

44 posts, read 185,450 times
incidents like these happen often. i dont think goldburg was trying to say what happend in bp is not important. but im a white person and went to school at anderson d, wilder, roosevelt and i have spent alot of time in black neighborhoods and i got my ass kicked for being white on many occasions growing up and i told people what happend and it did not make it on the 5 oclock news. white kids get beet up and jumped by black kids all the time just for being white. when is the last time anybody saw a black on white racist crime on the news? does that mean that it dosent happen or its just tolerated? have you ever heard a black person stand up for a white person who was miss treated for the color of there skin? ever? even one time? its almost as if the word racism to black people means white people miss treat black people for the color of there skin and that only.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 AM

10,629 posts, read 26,629,167 times
Yeah, but did you have people threaten you with axes? Make you strip? The crime in this case isn't getting attention just because the guys yelled racial slurs, but also because of the nature of the attack. The reference to the Obamas probably gave it extra air time, too.

Stuff like this shouldn't be tolerated regardless of who is doing it.

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 09-27-2009 at 11:10 AM..

Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM

44 posts, read 185,450 times
no it should not be tolerated. ive had guns pulled on me on more then one occasion and i saw the pic ive had my ass whipped worse then that by more people. its not ok to have this happen to anybody. when black on white racially fueled crime occurs it should be put on the news aswell. but we all know that is unlikely to happen because white people are worried some how it will ruin the progress this country has made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul