Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,671,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert98 View Post
Who doesn't like Pizza Luce?? Love the deep fried meatballs.
Pizza luce doesn't deep fry anything. The meatballs are cooked in an oven like most everything there.

Luce's pretty unique in its extreme variety of possible ingredients, and the red sauce is pretty tasty IMO, but the crust is definitly not the NY style the poster is looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 08:06 AM

20 posts, read 46,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Has anyone ever tried Punch Neopolitan Pizza in St. Paul or Fat Lorenzo's on the southern tip of Lake Nokomis in South Minneapolis? I've always been curious about those places but have never eaten at either one.
Fat Lorenzo's is horrible.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,341,180 times
I lived in New Jersey for about 5 years and have to admit I was never a big fan of NY style pizza. I went to Ray's Original and Original Ray's, Pizza Box on Bleeker, my favorite was John's Pizza in the West Village. The places in New Jersey were basically all the same IMO (one thing I definitely miss about NJ is how easily it was to get Chicken Parmigiana sandwiches). That's one thing I've always liked about the Twin Cities--that there is such a variety of pizzas to choose from. My favorite local places would include:

Uptown Pizza (spicy red sauce)
Carbones (classic greasy style)
Leaning Tower of Pizza
Red's Savoy Pizza
Michaelangelo's on 50th Street
Punch, Black Sheep and Pizza Nea
Dulono's (another classic greasy style, best eaten while listening to live bluegrass music on weekend nights)

Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 AM

174 posts, read 470,041 times
I tried Jakeenos recently....tasted a lot like the pizza they used to serve in the elementary school cafeteria. I really wanted to like it as I really appreciate what they stand for (family owned, not the best neighborhood)...but I just couldn't enjoy it.

Again, when I say NY style, i'm looking for a large piece, cut into a triangle, not too thin crust, but certainly not deep dish (lets say just a bit thinner than pizza hut/dominos etc)...should be able to fold it in half when eating.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:29 AM

20 posts, read 46,068 times
Big Slize Pizza in Ridgedale Mall officially has the best tasting NY Style Pizza in all of Minnesota - FACT!

I'm telling you, you have to check this place out!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,051 times
I'm from New York and Cosetta's in St. Paul is the closest to good pizza I've found.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 AM

I also tried cossetas this weekend - would have been good but it was very soupy (too much sauce) and just fell apart.

I did buy some pizza dough there however, and decided to (and did) make a much better pizza at home.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
I had a discussion this past weekend about Cosetta's with some friends. The consensus (and it's always been my belief) is that it's a neat place, an interesting experience and neighbourhood, but NOBODY goes there for the food. It is extremely average, cafeteria-style food, including their pizza.

For "gourmet" pizza, sometimes we like Pizza Nea on Central near Surdyk's. Great food but no atmosphere. You want to leave when you're finished eating.

Italian Pie Shoppe in St Paul is good too.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM

I tend to agree...the food was alright, but nothing great. It is a neat place with a cool little market attached. Will I go back? Yes - for the market, but not necessarily the food.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 PM

11 posts, read 38,761 times
Cossetta's on W. 7th in St. Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul