Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 AM

303 posts, read 563,344 times

Advertisements

Minneapolis was nice before Chicago and Somalia. Simple as that.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,724,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwobaldguy View Post
Imagine what would be said if tapes of whites attacking only blacks surfaced. Would the national media be so silent then? Those pesky facts, like videotapes and eye witness accounts, sure are annoying to the media which is dedicated to reporting a precanned theme, rather than factual events. I don't think there is any hope of having a unified nation if one group is allowed to attack other groups with impunity. These people should get the max sentence for every single count of violence they are convicted of. Of course, we all know they will only get slapped on their wrists and be back to terrorizing residents soon.
Did you even watch the video? This isn't a hate crime in the racially-motivated sense (it was certainly hate-filled in the "let's go out and attack innocent people" sense); they didn't select their victims based on skin color or ethnicity. The victims weren't just white people. It's not useful to try to reduce this to a "black people versus white people," or even "Somali vs American" issue, because that's not what this is about.

And why in the world would you suggest that "one group is allowed to attack other groups with impunity"? That's obviously not true, either. Some of the kids in question (maybe all by now? Not sure of the latest) have been arrested, and they'll go through the legal system just like anyone else.

That's not to say that there aren't violent Somali kids out there, and that it's not a problem (obviously it is, and the city has been pumping money into programs to try to stop it), but I think it's incorrect to suggest that this is a racially motivated. In other words, the violent criminals aren't going out and specifically targeting non-Somali victims.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:55 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglywump View Post
Minneapolis was nice before Chicago and Somalia. Simple as that.
The violent crime rate in Mpls has been dropping lately. What was on video is one of those scary things that have happened. With that said, your statement just makes me shudder. The reason this is because I look at Minneapolis and hear people say that the city has gone bad. Maybe during the year of "murderapolis", but those days are over. I moved near a major city that was one of the murder capitals during the 1990's, Atlanta. I hear people complain about Mpls, well, when Mpls has 100 murders, come back to me on that. Last time I checked, I have been in more violent cities, mainly New Orleans, Atlanta, and Dallas-Ft. Worth region. Mpls is no Disneyland, but if it was a matter of safety, I would feel safer in Mpls than where I live now.
So what if the African-American population and the Somalian population have gone up? My uncle is African-American and from Chicago. He and his wife moved to Minneapolis to make their lives better. They aren't going out and killing people. A friend of mine moved to Atlanta from Brooklyn Park,MN. He feels safer in BP than in Atlanta. BTW, there are Somalians down here in ATL. Many of them leave for Lewiston,Maine or the TC area to get away from the violent crime in Atlanta.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:33 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,770,817 times
I thought Minneapolis was average in crime.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post

YouTube - watch this t.v. season 1 ep 1

The above video is one made by a gang of somali immigrant youth who go on a spree of violence in which they attack elderly joggers, business owners, and little kids walking to/from school. Please help me report this crime to the tip line: (612) 692-TIPS (8477)

They had the audacity to post their crimes on youtube. This is quite recent....uploaded only 15 hours ago. Don't let them get away with it.

P.S someone please try to preserve the video by downloading it onto your computer. They may try to hide it. I would but my RAM is full.
Is there a chance anybody in this thread saved the video?

Old 02-22-2024, 01:53 PM

542 posts, read 447,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watch this View Post
Is there a chance anybody in this thread saved the video?
Drats, the deep state has scrubbed the video from utube. Must be those Woke Communist Deep State Elites along with their friends, the 12 jewish bankers, who got rid of this video. They stole the election and now, they stole the video. Mike Lindell is on the case and might offer 5 million to prove him wrong....oh whoops.

seriously, a 15 year old video someone kept moving to their latest computer featuring a video of somali yourth acting badly. I really want to know who kept it because I am worried about them-almost as bad as a fresh account trying to get this video. I hope this isn't about alone time in a dark room.

Old 02-22-2024, 05:11 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Drats, the deep state has scrubbed the video from utube. Must be those Woke Communist Deep State Elites along with their friends, the 12 jewish bankers, who got rid of this video. They stole the election and now, they stole the video. Mike Lindell is on the case and might offer 5 million to prove him wrong....oh whoops.

seriously, a 15 year old video someone kept moving to their latest computer featuring a video of somali yourth acting badly. I really want to know who kept it because I am worried about them-almost as bad as a fresh account trying to get this video. I hope this isn't about alone time in a dark room.
Israel needs a good dose of multiculturalism. Lots if immigrants.

Old 02-25-2024, 01:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I just heard on the news that there was violence in the streets of Cincinnati last week. By "violence," I mean attacks on people who were minding their own business. Police suspect that the same group of people attacked several times over several days last week.

https://local12.com/news/local/cinci...th-street-ohio

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...own-cincinnati

Is this a new sort of protest movement? I really have no idea.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-25-2024 at 02:27 PM..

Old 02-26-2024, 06:27 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
The news that has gone missing from this C-D forum, until now, is that a convicted felon out on release killed two Burnsville police officers and one EMT last week. (Say their names!! They can no longer breathe!!) The police spent 3 1/2 hours negotiating with the criminal (can you guess his race?) before the perp committed suicide. How's that for bending over backwards to keep the police from getting prosecuted? The perp was not allowed to possess firearms, but you think that maybe criminals ignore that restriction along with all of the other laws?

So what does the DFL do? Push for more gun control laws. Hey, how about pushing for criminal control instead? This guy was “wanted or was to be arrested for second-degree criminal sexual conduct” at the time of the shooting. He was also abusing one of the seven children in the house. Two women had sought protective orders against the perp because of alleged domestic abuse. Neither order was granted.

Instead, we have Hennepin County Attorney -Bloody Mary- chasing after another police officer conviction.

Old 02-26-2024, 07:21 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
The news that has gone missing from this C-D forum, until now, is that a convicted felon out on release killed two Burnsville police officers and one EMT last week. (Say their names!! They can no longer breathe!!) The police spent 3 1/2 hours negotiating with the criminal (can you guess his race?) before the perp committed suicide. How's that for bending over backwards to keep the police from getting prosecuted? The perp was not allowed to possess firearms, but you think that maybe criminals ignore that restriction along with all of the other laws?

So what does the DFL do? Push for more gun control laws. Hey, how about pushing for criminal control instead? This guy was “wanted or was to be arrested for second-degree criminal sexual conduct” at the time of the shooting. He was also abusing one of the seven children in the house. Two women had sought protective orders against the perp because of alleged domestic abuse. Neither order was granted.

Instead, we have Hennepin County Attorney -Bloody Mary- chasing after another police officer conviction.
I had read he was raping one of the 14 year old kids is why the mom called the police. I don’t and won’t ever watch the local or national news anymore/again, but I was told they never told who the murder/rapist was for maybe days after. I found out who he was right after it happened. He had a resemblance of waldo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul